We must finally start pondering several writers who wonder out loud if it is time to pity America. These outtakes make the answer clear. Other Updates.
At some point, one reaches rock bottom. It is clear to many that COVID-19 may be the straw that puts us into pity party time.
Eugene Robinson’s article “The United States is a country to be pitied” should be a wakeup call to many. Many of our peers around the world has held us up to a silent pity for some time. How could the country that professes to be the leader of the world set itself on a path of self-destruction?
The country still has time. As we live in this pity party for the remainder of 2020, let’s make sure that we start locally and subsequently nationally to make a change.
- ‘Monstrous Cruelty: As Hunger Soars, Trump USDA Resumes Effort to Take Nutrition Benefits From More Than a Million People
- Government Watchdog Sounds Alarm Over Appointment of Former Pharma Executive to Trump’s Covid-19 Vaccine Task Force
- ‘Slap in the Face‘: As Bezos Wealth Jumps $30 Billion Amid Pandemic, Amazon to End $2 Per Hour Hazard Pay for Workers
- McConnell says liability protections for businesses are a requirement; Pelosi and Democrats say no. And there’s no sign of compromise.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- Covid-19 deaths likely much higher than the reported numbers.
- Mitch McConnell wants states to go bankrupt as opposed to giving them support. But of course, he never minded bailing out corporations.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
The COVID pandemic has another hero.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
The United States is a country to be pitied
Only a handful of nations on Earth have arguably done a worse job of handling the coronavirus pandemic than the United States. What has happened to us? How did we become so dysfunctional? When did we become so incompetent?
The shocking and deadly failures by President Trump and his administration have been well documented — we didn’t isolate, we didn’t test, we didn’t contact trace, we waited too long to lock down. But Trump’s gross unfitness is only part of the problem. The phrase “American exceptionalism” has always meant different things to different people — that this nation should be admired, or perhaps that it should be feared. Not until now, at least in my lifetime, has it suggested that the United States should be pitied.
No amount of patriotism or pride can change the appalling facts. The pandemic is acting as a stress test for societies around the world, and ours is in danger of failing.
I’m used to thinking of a nation such as South Korea as a kind of junior partner, a beneficiary of American expertise and aid. Yet the U.S. death toll from covid-19 exceeds 85,000 while South Korea’s fatalities total 260. That is not a typo. How could a nation with barely half our per capita income have done so much better? Washington has been Seoul’s patron and teacher for more than six decades, yet somehow we apparently have unlearned much of what we taught.
Much closer to home, Trump’s boasting about how his border wall is supposedly helping protect Americans against the virus is a joke. Mexico’s reported death rate from covid-19 is a small fraction of ours (though the numbers may be higher than the official count). In the border town of Nogales, Mexican authorities are using disinfectant spray to sanitize visitors arriving from Arizona.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Nancy Pelosi stopped Andrea Mitchell cold from interviewing her on Trump’s terms & gave her own message.
- Baseless blather by full diaper-rash-mode baby Trump on voting by mail
- The majority of church history has been a complete rejection of Christ.
- Tacho Medellin: Just Another Kill For The LE Trophy Case
- NY. Gov. Cuomo scolds McConnell & Scott eloquently pointing out their states were takers
- US Media Failed to Factcheck Sweden’s Herd Immunity Hoax
- Obama economist: Trump economic indicators could soar just before the 2020 election
- This Pundit gives the recipe to defeat Trump even with his own voters
- If this isn’t murder-by-police then I really don’t know what is.
- A White woman in the park calls cops falsely accusing a black man of threatening her. DANGEROUS!