Domingo Garcia, LULAC national president discusses meatpackers dying around the country. It is time to break out of the American worker held hostage.
LULAC National President Domingo Garcia points out the outright inhumane treatment of meatpackers and other American workers.
In the second segment of the episode, Mr. Garcia does more than pointing out the inhumanity of the manner in which corporations put the health and safety of their workers in peril but how POCs as a large part of first responders are being hurt.
- McConnell says liability protections for businesses are a requirement; Pelosi and Democrats say no. And there’s no sign of compromise.
- Trump Grants Big Oil Lobby Association’s Bailout Wish.
- 100+ economists want Pelosi to boost relief for workers.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- Covid-19 deaths likely much higher than the reported numbers.
- Mitch McConnell wants states to go bankrupt as opposed to giving them support. But of course, he never minded bailing out corporations.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
States opening and derelict White House Press core made mincemeat out of by new press secretary.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
‘Kind of Like Large Scale Negligent Homicide’: As Trump Urges Reopenings, CDC Report Warns of Surge in Covid-19 Deaths
“Internal CDC document projects U.S. coronavirus deaths could reach 3,000 per day by June 1—nearly double the current daily death toll.”
As President Donald Trump publicly encourages states to reopen their economies against the advice of public health experts, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is privately projecting that U.S. Covid-19 deaths could reach a staggering 3,000 per day by June 1—nearly double the current daily death toll of more than 1,700.
The New York Times on Monday obtained an internal CDC document (pdf) predicting around 200,000 new coronavirus cases each day by the end May, up from around 25,000 new cases per day at present.
“The projections confirm the primary fear of public health experts: that a reopening of the economy will put the nation right back where it was in mid-March, when cases were rising so rapidly in some parts of the country that patients were dying on gurneys in hospital hallways with cases rising so rapidly that the health care system is overloaded,” the Times reported.
Trump administration "is privately projecting a steady rise in the number of cases and deaths from coronavirus over the next several weeks, reaching about 3,000 daily deaths on June 1, according to an internal document obtained by The New York Times." https://t.co/nZZfZLKSla pic.twitter.com/OsaYXEDh3P— Christopher Ingraham (@_cingraham) May 4, 2020
The CDC projection came to light just hours after Trump claimed during a Fox News town hall that the U.S. has been “successful” in limiting the death toll from the virus. More than 1.1 million people have contracted Covid-19 in the U.S. and nearly 68,000 have died. The virus has killed at least 1,000 people across the nation every day since April 2.
“The administration should be tried for crimes against humanity,” Mairav Zonszein wrote in response to the CDC data.
Mother Jones reporter Dan Friedman ripped Trump for publicly urging states to reopen their economies even as his administration predicts a massive surge in coronavirus deaths behind closed doors. Georgia, Texas, Florida, Oklahoma, and other states have begun to lifting social distancing restrictions in recent days despite their lack of adequate testing equipment.
“Keeping dire internal projections private while publicly pushing states to ‘reopen’ due to electoral considerations is kind of like large scale negligent homicide,” Friedman tweeted.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Billionaires $79 Billion richer in a week. Opening economy prematurely only benefits some.
- Who Will Confront Trump’s KKK/Gestapo at the Polls This Fall?
- Germany’s Angela Merkel saving her country from depression and Trump & his GOP take us there.
- ‘Jane Roe,’ Donald Trump and other ‘pro-life’ cons
- Proposals to Ease Covid’s Blow on the Hardest Hit All but Ignored by Corporate Media
- Millennial torches Michael Steele on Trump: “I don’t miss normal” and all he could do is agree.
- Did seeing a knee on a neck reflected from their mirror so embarrassed Americans as to defeat Steve King?
- Facts do not need your agreement
- Let’s keep our eyes on the ball in these difficult times.
- Trump’s promotion of violence and totalitarianism is nothing new.