Former Ohio Republican Congressman Jim Renacci, the author of the book The GOP’s Lost Decade, discussed economics, healthcare, and COVID-19. Economic Update.
If a Tea Party Republican can agree on many Progressive issues even if not explicitly, we can get somewhere.
- McConnell says liability protections for businesses are a requirement; Pelosi and Democrats say no. And there’s no sign of compromise.
- Trump Grants Big Oil Lobby Association’s Bailout Wish.
- 100+ economists want Pelosi to boost relief for workers.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- Covid-19 deaths likely much higher than the reported numbers.
- Mitch McConnell wants states to go bankrupt as opposed to giving them support. But of course, he never minded bailing out corporations.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
Republican politician compromise?
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Republicans Are On the Wrong Side of History—and Everything Else!
“Republicans are conserving little beyond their own wealth, racism, sexism, and homophobia, while eroding American democracy, health, and the environment.”
Republicans are on the wrong side of history—and everything else—and conservatism is a dead end.
So-called conservatives are actually regressives and reactionaries, pushing us down to a worse state of being. Republicans are conserving little beyond their own wealth, racism, sexism, and homophobia, while eroding American democracy, health, and the environment. Progressives, in contrast, have brought us forward to a better world and continue to do so. Progressive ideology and action is what makes America as great, civilized, and advanced as it is, despite its continuing shortcomings, which progressives seek to repair.
Progressivism has brought us independence from England, slave abolitionism, racial desegregation, women’s suffrage, minimum wages and maximum hours, Social Security and Medicare, civil rights and civil liberties, clean air and clean water laws, pure food laws, public education, public libraries, public parks, public transportation, public health, public housing, pay equity, net neutrality, consumer, worker, health, and environmental protections, women’s rights, human rights, welfare, food programs, unemployment insurance, birth control and abortion rights, unions, paid vacation and sick leave, separation of church and state, anti-discrimination laws, racial and sexual marriage equality, a reduction in poverty, gun reform and protections, protections against corporate monopolies, medical and recreational marijuana, freedom of expression, the Peace Corps and AmeriCorps, and most of the rest of the public sphere that civilizes and enhances our society. Conservatives have opposed all these and other vital achievements throughout our history.
And when the U.S. finally achieves universal single-payer health care (expanded Medicare For All or Berniecare); a Green New Deal; tuition-free public education from daycare through university and graduate school; an Equal Rights Amendment for women and sexual minorities; a living minimum wage; money out of politics; higher taxes on the wealthy and corporations; tough regulations on the financial sector; a Wall Street sales tax; Universal Basic Income; the end of homelessness; the end of child marriages; full reproductive freedom; a carbon price; a wealth tax; a society based on renewable energies; meaningful gun reform; expanded animal welfare and a stronger Endangered Species Act; an end to private prisons, money bail, and mass incarceration; universal suffrage including for inmates; abolition of capital punishment; marijuana legalization; paid parental and sick leave; doctor-assisted suicide; a national high-speed rail system; free public transit; Post Office banking; a smart electrical grid; free nationwide wi-fi; automatic voter registration and better election protection; and so on, it will be because of the hard work of progressives over the objections of conservatives. …
It’s not that Democrats are always good or that California has solved all its problems—of course, that’s not nearly the case, especially with corporate Democrats—but Republicans are always destructive and regressive, both aggressively anti-people and anti-planet, if not individually, then certainly as a party. Even the most moderate and seemingly-reasonable Republican in Congress is giving the GOP its majority, protecting Trump despite his treason and conflicts of interest, and supporting nearly all of Trump’s destructive policies and abominable nominations, while eviscerating our democracy, increasing inequality, weakening our alliances, violating domestic and international law, eroding civil rights and liberties, and degrading our health and environment. It is for these kinds of reasons that Noam Chomsky has called the Republican Party the “most dangerous organization in world history”.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Thomas Friedman’s recipe for Democrats would be fatal. He does not get it.
- Crooked pastor sentenced to 6yrs in prison. What about the other megachurch crooks?
- Stephanie Ruhle: Her story just made me think about privilege. Sad reality/truth.
- Some companies have funded sedition. So explains CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin on donation stoppage.
- Irresponsible Republican Politicians refuse masks when in lockdown, likely infecting colleagues.
- Katy Tur corners John Bolton: The lies & insurrection are not just Trump but Ted Cruz & others.
- Senator Tester makes it clear he could support Ted Cruz & Josh Hawley’s expulsion from Senate.
- 60 Minutes Republican-appeasing Leslie Stahl creates false equivalence in Nancy Pelosi interview
- Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, & the Sedition Cau; Bomb-throwers from the start.
- Message to Democrats: Help people fast. Advice to Joe Manchin (D-WV), stand down.
- Joe Manchin will do well to support the $2000 stimulus/relief as written lest his daughter’s EpiPen pilfer elevated
- A candid conversation with a white friend who discusses her racial prejudice
- Tiffany Cross nails it: Their American dream was our nightmare. This is as American as apple pie.
- Plouffe on Georgia: Epic political malpractice by Trump & confederacy of dunces cost senate loss.
- Man Photographed At Desk In Nancy Pelosi’s Office Is Arrested : Insurrection At The Capitol: Live Updates : NPR
- Interview with delusional insurrectionist shows damage Republican lies inflicted on many Americans.
- Wall Street Journal editorial board urges Trump to resign to avoid second impeachment. – The New York Times
- Joe Biden excoriates Donald Trump about the Capitol insurrection in speech: We could see it coming.
- Katy Tur itemized why the Republican Party is ultimately responsible for Capitol insurrection.
- Mitt Romney calls out Republican Senators for lying to constituents, tell them the truth.