Call: (646) 716-5812 – “Facebook LIVE” – Live stream: BlogTalkRadio (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: May 6th, 2020
LIKE our Facebook page, SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel and Become a Patron.
Ed Eichhorn, author of Healing American Healthcare is with us to discuss his counter to Medicare for All. We continue our discussion of demands for fully reopening America.
Ed Eichhorn has another option for Medicare for All.
Ed Eichhorn says he is a compassionate capitalist. He really does want to give everyone affordable healthcare. But because as he states he is a capitalist, he sees all solutions that are weighted towards the options that economic system affords his thinking process.
I enjoyed this interview because two people who know how to conduct a civil discussion can disagree, sometimes change opinion, and still genuinely like one another. I wish we could all get there.
We will continue with our COVID-19 updates and economic discussion.
- McConnell says liability protections for businesses are a requirement; Pelosi and Democrats say no. And there’s no sign of compromise.
- Trump Grants Big Oil Lobby Association’s Bailout Wish.
- 100+ economists want Pelosi to boost relief for workers.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- Covid-19 deaths likely much higher than the reported numbers.
- Mitch McConnell wants states to go bankrupt as opposed to giving them support. But of course, he never minded bailing out corporations.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
Medicare for All
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Trump’s actions are a war on seniors. He is insisting on threatening Social Security on which most seniors rely for their food, medicine, and other basic necessities.
Trump’s actions are a war on seniors. He is insisting on threatening Social Security on which most seniors rely for their food, medicine, and other basic necessities.”
Grassroots advocacy groups representing millions of retirees and seniors across the United States are speaking out against and urging Congress to oppose President Donald Trump’s threat to block desperately needed Covid-19 relief legislation if it does not slash the payroll tax, which funds Social Security and Medicare.
“It is outrageous, callous, and cruel for President Trump to hold the American people, and seniors in particular, hostage if Congress doesn’t go along with his plan to gut Social Security for current and future retirees,” said Richard Fiesta, executive director of the Alliance for Retired Americans, an organization with over four million members nationwide.
“The president’s plan is also bad economics. Social Security puts more than $800 billion into the economy each year. Destabilizing the system when we are in the middle of an economic downtown is exactly the opposite of what we need to do,” Fiesta added. “The 4.4 million members of the Alliance for Retired Americans call on all members of Congress to refuse to make such a deal. We will fight this attempt to gut Social Security and in November we will remember who was willing to defend and protect our earned benefits.”
During a Fox News town hall Sunday night, Trump said he would oppose any additional coronavirus stimulus package that does not include his long-desired payroll tax cut, which would provide zero direct relief to the more than 30 million Americans who have lost their jobs over the past six weeks. The president suggested at a press briefing last month that the tax cut should be permanent.
“We’re not doing anything unless we get a payroll tax cut,” Trump said Sunday, just days after vowing to protect Social Security and Medicare.
Max Richtman, president and CEO of the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare, said in a statement Monday that Trump’s remarks “set off alarm bells for America’s seniors and their advocates.”
“Make no mistake: by pushing to cut off the program’s funding stream, President Trump is taking the first step toward dismantling Social Security,” said Richtman. “The president’s campaign to eliminate payroll taxes is a violation of his patently false promises to seniors ‘not to touch’ Social Security. This proposal goes way beyond ‘touching.’ Choking off Social Security’s funding stream is an existential threat to seniors’ earned benefits.”
Eliminating Payroll Tax is Trump’s First Move Toward Dismantling Social Security https://t.co/Au4AJvqZn1 https://t.co/lJybjzKVoX— Nat. Cmte. to Preserve Social Security & Medicare (@NCPSSM) May 4, 2020
The multi-trillion-dollar CARES Act, which President Donald Trump signed into law in late March, contains a provision allowing employers to delay payment of the payroll tax for at least the duration of 2020.
Advocates warned at the time that the provision, which replaces payroll tax revenue with general revenue, represents a fundamental threat to Social Security’s long-term financial health. Nancy Altman, president of advocacy group Social Security Works, predicted that Republicans will “undoubtedly use the general revenue to demand cuts to Social Security in the name of ‘reining in entitlements.'”
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), a proponent of Social Security cuts, hinted in that direction last month, declaring that “the future of our country in terms of the amount of debt that we’re adding up is a matter of genuine concern.”
In a statement on Monday, Altman said the president’s relentless push for a payroll tax cut shows “how desperately Trump and the right-wing ideologues surrounding him want to defund Social Security, so they have an excuse down the road to demand cuts to our earned benefits.”
“Trump’s actions are a war on seniors,” said Altman. “He wants to open up the economy, even though Covid-19 is disproportionately costing seniors their lives. Now he is insisting on threatening Social Security on which most seniors rely for their food, medicine, and other basic necessities. Members of Congress, particularly House Democrats, need to stand strong and call Trump’s bluff.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Chris Christie & Mike Pence attack Trump. Stephanie Ruhle stopped a misinformer. Trans slam!
- EPIC! Stephanie Ruhle shreds Rep. for trying to mislead her audience on inflation and the economy.
- A real journalist, Ayman Mohyeldin, roasts Chris Christie for a self-serving run against Trump.
- Patriotic Millionaires Morris Pearl on taxation – Andy Schmookler on Supreme Court failure
- Jen Psaki dinged Gov Sununu’s lie midstream as he tried to deny Trump-Putin collusion.
- ‘No Labels’ is a danger to our Democracy. Jen Psaki dings Sununu’s lie. Medicaid & DeSantis
- Rattner deconstructs debt ceiling. Ayman Mohyeldin roasts Christie. A GOP Sen, Kids, & Jesus.
- A candid conversation with a Right-Wing Republican on guns. This is how it starts.
- This is how I convinced many Right Wing Republicans to support Healthcare For All.
- Joy-Ann Reid contrasts Ron DeSantis, the autocrat, with Democratic Minnesota Governor Tim Walz.
- Most of SCOTUS supports business over workers. Conservative ex-cop professor fired over a lie.
- MAGA Republican Freedom Caucus Rep. Bob Good attacks the debt ceiling deal. Biden was the adult!
- The definitive GOP vs Dem comparisons. TX Rep explains Lege attack on Harris Cty. Autocracy!
- I had an epiphany. We should embrace AI. — Ali Velshi checks misinforming former GOP Gov.
- Ali Velshi dismantles former Republican Governor. Why do corporations and not people get the breaks?
- Republican Budget chair discussing debt ceiling shows evil can come in a meek, soft-spoken package.
- Minnesota Progressive miraculous and Texas lousy legislative sessions. Pedro Silva on polarization.
- TX Activist challenges anti-trans Dem. Paxton impeached! So what? Wallace & Glaude on GOP freedom.
- MSNBC Host & Fmr. Republican: GOP is done approximating anything resembling freedom, Gloude concurs.
- Rep Hakeem Jeffries points slammed GOP as unpatriotic in dealing with the debt ceiling.