Right-Wing Tea Party like micro-protests are erupting. Dr. Emma Long discusses how history, COVID-19, freedom, & American History applies.
Is the Right-Wing Tea Party history repeating itself?
We will get an amplified movement not commensurate with its true size. In the age of Donald Trump, it may seem so. It seems however that the mainstream media may not be falling for the con. Yesterday we showed how MSNBC host Katy Tur handled it. Today it’s Lawrence O’Donnell.
In the second part of our program, Dr. Emma Long discusses these issues and more with us. Who is Dr. Emma Long?
Emma Long joined American Studies at UEA in January 2013 having taken her undergraduate degree (American Studies) and Ph.D. (History) at the University of Kent. Emma was first attracted to American Studies as a subject by the idea of a year abroad and has since found many, many reasons to stay. Emma has fond memories of her year at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and can’t quite believe it was as long ago as it was!
Emma teaches courses on the American Revolution, the history of the Supreme Court, and the history of the Bill of Rights (see under ‘Teaching’). In the past, Emma has taught courses on nineteenth and twentieth-century African-American history, the American South in the nineteenth century, 1960s America, the Cold War, the history of the US from the Revolution to the present day, and contemporary US government and politics.
Emma is a founding member of the Scholars of Religion in American Life Research Network. Please get in touch if you would like more information or if you would like to become a member.
- The Congressional Progressive Caucus is calling on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to meet the coronavirus crisis with the urgency it deserves by advancing another sweeping stimulus.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
- Analysis: He Got Tested For Coronavirus. Then Came The Flood Of Medical Bills.
- New polling out Wednesday backdropped by the continuing coronavirus outbreak shows that most of the country believes the U.S. political system works only for the wealthy and elite rather than for working people.
- Critics Decry ‘Massive Step in Wrong Direction’ as Big Banks Move to Buy Up Fracking Industry Assets With Coronavirus Bailout Funds.
History is probative
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Wisconsin sees at least seven cases of COVID-19 as a result of in-person voting amid pandemic
“Voters wait in line at a polling place at Riverside University High School on April 7, 2020, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.”
As the novel coronavirus continues to spread, events nationwide are being canceled, but not without protest. States across the country have postponed elections in efforts to curb the spread of the pandemic. Despite health concerns and an executive order by the governor to postpone elections, Wisconsin Republicans refused to postpone races for state and local office in addition to the presidential primary. Insisting the election go on, Republicans in the state fought the order with the support of the U.S. Supreme Court resulting in a forced election on April 7. Of course, their actions didn’t end without dire consequences; health officials have linked at least seven cases of COVID-19 to state election activities, Milwaukee Health Commissioner Jeanette Kowalik said Monday.
According to Kowalik six of the cases involve Milwaukee voters and one is a Milwaukee poll worker, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported. Officials are investigating further into the cases to inquire additional information including whether the virus was concentrated in any of the city’s five polling places and if any of the cases resulted in death. As Daily Kos previously noted, election officials were operating only five in-person voting centers for a city of 600,000 people.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Rep. Jayapal obliterates CNN’s Bash attempt to carry a ‘Hierarchy of Oppression’ Israeli narrative.
- Netanyahu defies Biden: He boasted about controlling US and going against US for ground invasion.
- GOP Staffer: Everybody should vote for Joe Biden if they want our Democracy to survive.
- Explanation of Medicare and why Medicare Advantage is a SCAM on all taxpayers.
- SAD: Family finds out that America may be just as violent & dangerous as Gaza.
- Chris Hayes points out some economic truths about inflation and more. Ignore the GOP narrative.
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.
- The censure of Rashida Tlaib is an attack on our freedom to think and express ourselves critically.
- Netanyahu lies: Gaza before & after satellite pictures say it all about the destruction & carnage.