We cannot wait until the impending depression to start demanding the changes to the social safety net that includes Medicare for All and UBI.
Americans want to go back to work. They must not without guarantees.
The large economic slowdown shows the power of the masses. They have created an oil glut. They have brought corporations to their knees. Unfortunately, as the stimuli show up, those with power are monopolizing on the free cash. It is time for those who do the real work in America to bargain. And we can if we do not allow the indoctrination of the past and the fear of the present to work.
- Mitch McConnell wants states to go bankrupt as opposed to giving them support. But of course, he never minded bailing out corporations.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
- Analysis: He Got Tested For Coronavirus. Then Came The Flood Of Medical Bills.
- Critics Decry ‘Massive Step in Wrong Direction’ as Big Banks Move to Buy Up Fracking Industry Assets With Coronavirus Bailout Funds.
No work without a robust social safety net with Medicare for All.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Majority of Americans Reject ‘Astroturf’ Anti-Lockdown Protests, Say Social Distancing Orders Must Remain in Place to Fight Pandemic
“Only 13% of respondents to a CBS survey said they would return to public spaces in the next few weeks if their cities and states encouraged them to do so.”
Despite wall-to-wall corporate media coverage of anti-social distancing demonstrations in Michigan, Texas, and other parts of the U.S., new polling from CBS News shows that the vast majority of Americans oppose demands from the protesters who are demanding that U.S. businesses be reopened as soon as possible despite the coronavirus pandemic.
The survey, which has a margin of error of 2.5 points, found that 63% of the 2,112 respondents polled were concerned that the U.S. economy would reopen too quickly—not too slowly.
The poll results come as some Republican governors are pushing to reopen states in the coming days. Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp said Monday he would allow some businesses to reopen on April 24, nearly a week before the state’s stay-at-home order officially ends. Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, a Democrat, urged residents on Wednesday to “look at the science” and stay home despite Kemp’s order.
Only 13% of respondents said they would return to public spaces in the next few weeks even if their cities and states encouraged them to by ordering restaurants and other businesses to reopen. As the death toll from COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, approaches 43,000 in the U.S., 70% told CBS that social distancing must be the top priority for the country—not sending Americans back to work and daily life outside their homes, even though this may harm the economy in the short term.
Respondents across the political spectrum agreed that the economy should remain shut down, with 46% of Republicans opposing the anti-lockdown protesters versus 43% who supported them. Of Democrats, 82% opposed the protesters, joined by 62% of independents. Three in four respondents, including majorities of all three groups, said social distancing is effectively slowing down the spread of the virus.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Answer to the Tucker Carlson lying attack on the 2020 Election, a traitor to the American people
- Trump ridicules Trump: Said a Biden win would crash the stock market over & over. This happened.
- Capitalist Competition Is Sabotaging the Race for a Vaccine | Common Dreams Views
- MSNBC Hallie Jackson destroys Trump enabling Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-ND) for election charade.
- Appearance on the improv comedy show “Can’t Tell Us Nothing” discussing “It’s Worth It”
- Could Ted Cruz be this inept? This is what happens when the protagonists of misinformation believe it themselves.
- Staging a sabotage of voters’ rights
- Color of Change Heather McGhee has a poignant message to the White Trump supporter.
- Democratic Analyst Karen Finney outlasts a frazzled bully, Former GOP Governor Chris Christie.
- Texas Lt. Gov. stiffs Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. of $2 million for finding voter fraud, by Republicans