Many Bernie Sanders supporters are understandably upset at his suspended campaign. The progressive movement needs the vote at the local & every level.
While the plutocracy can pull all kinds of machinations nationally, progressives have much more control at the local level.
Let’s not squander what we have built because all of the power of the establishment was used against our two progressive candidates. There are important local elections with progressive candidates who need your vote.
Houston Activist Neil Aquino will be with us to discuss local efforts to help renter through the COVID-19 pandemic and the local political interfaces that apply to communities throughout the country.
Natalia Cornelio, Democratic Candidate for Harris County’s 351st District Court will discuss the importance of progressives coming to the polls in en masse.
- Analysis: He Got Tested For Coronavirus. Then Came The Flood Of Medical Bills.
- New polling out Wednesday backdropped by the continuing coronavirus outbreak shows that most of the country believes the U.S. political system works only for the wealthy and elite rather than for working people.
- Is it time to socialize our hospitals for the COVID-19 direction?
- Are we about to go into depression?
- The looting of America.
- Drug company forced to back down from monopoly on government-funded promising COVID-19 drugs.
Local Politics is Yours
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Facing ‘Extinction-Level Event,’ Small Businesses Urge Congress to Replace Disastrous Loan Program With Direct Payroll Grants
“Without a substantial, immediate response that addresses the magnitude of this problem, our small business sector will be devastated.”
With millions of small businesses on the brink of collapse and struggling to obtain coronavirus relief after the Trump administration’s disastrous rollout of a $350 billion rescue fund, progressives are calling on Congress to authorize direct payroll grants to companies in need instead of dumping hundreds of billions more into a deeply flawed program.
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)—authorized by the massive coronavirus stimulus package President Donald Trump signed into law last month—had a chaotic launch last Friday amid mass confusion among small businesses and banks tasked with distributing relief loans backed by taxpayer money.
Amanda Ballantyne, executive director of Main Street Alliance (MSA), a progressive coalition that includes 30,000 small-business owners, told the Washington Post on Tuesday that the program’s rollout was a “train wreck” that will not be remedied by simply pouring more money into its coffers.
On Twitter, MSA said the loan program “suffers from design flaws—money should be distributed by the Treasury Department, perhaps in partnership with local or state governments, instead of banks.”
“Small business should be given #GrantsNotLoans,” the group tweeted.
MSA is calling on Congress to pass legislation that includes “direct federal subsidies to employers impacted by COVID-19 to cover payroll, health insurance premiums, and rent” as well as “5-10 year no interest loans with streamlined application process to cover other fixed expenses.”
“Focusing on direct payroll and healthcare subsidies for small employers is an approach that will mitigate potentially severe impacts for employers and workers,” MSA said on its website. “This is an extinction-level event for small businesses in the U.S. Without a substantial, immediate response that addresses the magnitude of this problem, our small business sector will be devastated.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- This MSNBC Host, Tiffany Cross health-scare story is a testament to the need for Medicare for All.
- Anti-vaxxers & Anti-maskers at board meetings. Yes! They are this crazy!
- This Joe Biden press conference was on point and should dispel many Right-Wing talking points.
- CBS’ The Activist pitting activists against each other begging for funds show this system’s cancer.
- Republicans are begging us to kill the filibuster. This is why we better listen.
- Jen Psaki skewers Peter Doocy over question: You think pregnant women are posing a big threat?
- 24-yr-old regrets following anti-vax nuts & advise all to get vaccinated. He is now dead!
- A graphic example of the unvaccinated causing the deaths of others indiscriminately.
- Here’s what you should know about the treatment of Haitian refugees on the border. Shocking!
- Journalist exposes lies & throws shade on MAGA protest: I did not hear anything rooted in reality.
- Indigenous activist: MAGA ralliers are just crash test dummies. Their politicians are the danger.
- Democrats, strategists: Listen to this organizer about leaning into our causes & values
- TX Rep. Jasmine Crockett identifies the most dangerous. It’s not the insurrectionists she fears.
- Jake Tapper completely destroys Mississippi Gov: With all due respect Governor, your way’s failing.
- Tiffany Cross schools ‘persecuted’ MAGA Treason Rally. We survived this act before & will again!
- Way to go, Biden. Many called him a neoliberal, but more progressive stuff seems to be coming out
- My thoughts on the 10-year anniversary of the Occupy Movement (Occupy Wall Street)
- Psaki lit into Fox News-like reporter. Florida won’t get larger share of antibodies. Get vaccinated
- Jen Psaki calls out Republican politicians attacking General Milley as insurrectionists.
- Hawaii Lt. Governor admonishes Red State Governors: You are killing your constituents.