Niko House, host of “Mi Casa Es Su Casa” on his MCSCNetwork discusses his “issues” with the Democratic Party. Tamara Shealey returns to update us on her Senate Race & Book.
Radio host and activist Niko House has a beef with the Democratic Party.
Niko is a young progressive activist with a large bullhorn, a millennial magnet in the space. While few GenXers and Baby Boomers of heard of him, politically involved millennials have certainly run across him throughout the blogosphere and vlogosphere. Many in the Democratic Party have a tendency to disregard this faction as idealists, Bernie Bros, militants, and more with the intent to marginalize. That is unfortunate because until we start understanding the legitimate grievances, we will continue to cede our freedoms and personal economies to the wealthy few. One need not agree 100% but respect and listening are important.
Our regular who has been one hiatus for a while, Tamara Shealey is back. She has been campaigning for Georgia Senate and finishing her law degree at Emory. She has a new book out for the industry she has represented in Congress for some time.
- The Congressional Progressive Caucus is calling on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to meet the coronavirus crisis with the urgency it deserves by advancing another sweeping stimulus.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
- Analysis: He Got Tested For Coronavirus. Then Came The Flood Of Medical Bills.
- New polling out Wednesday backdropped by the continuing coronavirus outbreak shows that most of the country believes the U.S. political system works only for the wealthy and elite rather than for working people.
- Critics Decry ‘Massive Step in Wrong Direction’ as Big Banks Move to Buy Up Fracking Industry Assets With Coronavirus Bailout Funds.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
As Small Businesses in US Face Coronavirus Doomsday, Big Insurers Say: We Can’t Save You. We Won’t Save You.
“We may not have a Main Street left if we don’t take immediate action.”
As small business owners around the U.S. grapple with the financial losses they are suffering—and the suffering yet to come—as millions shut down and lose business under government orders to slow the spread of the coronavirus, property and business insurance companies are claiming they’re unable to cover those losses and are not equipped to handle pandemics like this.
As Roll Call first reported Wednesday, several trade groups representing large insurers sent a letter on April 2 to Reps. Gil Cisneros and Mike Thompson, both Democrats from California, in response to a request the lawmakers to explain why companies were not paying “business interruption loss” claims filed by small businesses.
The groups—including National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies, Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America, American Property Casualty Insurance Association, Reinsurance Association of America, and the Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers—said insurance companies are not “designed” to cover losses caused by a pandemic and called on the government to take action to provide relief.
“Insurance coverage works by spreading risk, but that model simply cannot account for a situation in which losses are catastrophic and nearly universal. Standard business interruption policies do not, and were not designed to, provide coverage against communicable diseases such as COVID-19, and as such, were not actuarially priced to do so,” the groups wrote.
Ahead of the Trump administration’s rollout of the $350 billion small business rescue fund, known as the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and comprised of taxpayer-backed loans, the organizations called on Congress to provide “additional liquidity…for impaired industries and businesses to avoid an unprecedented systemic, economic crisis.”
The grassroots network Main Street Alliance (MSA), which works directly with more than 30,000 small businesses to make sure their interests are represented in public policy, says both private and public entities should help to avoid “catastrophic closures” of small businesses as a result of the pandemic.
“We’re pushing hard for as many government interventions as possible in this unique time, including payroll support,” Cynthia Ward Wikstrom, campaigns director for MSA, told Common Dreams. “Insurance companies are some of our more profitable companies that should be picking up some of burden. It seems there could be a government-backed portion and also that insurance would pick up a portion.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Netanyahu Sr. Advisor thinks the world is blind. Does he really want to compare atrocities?
- AIPAC’s anti-democratic attack on Jamaal Bowman & the Squad for a humane cease-fire advocacy is shameful.
- Rep. Jayapal obliterates CNN’s Bash attempt to carry a ‘Hierarchy of Oppression’ Israeli narrative.
- Netanyahu defies Biden: He boasted about controlling US and going against US for ground invasion.
- GOP Staffer: Everybody should vote for Joe Biden if they want our Democracy to survive.
- Explanation of Medicare and why Medicare Advantage is a SCAM on all taxpayers.
- SAD: Family finds out that America may be just as violent & dangerous as Gaza.
- Chris Hayes points out some economic truths about inflation and more. Ignore the GOP narrative.
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.