Doctor Shannon Sovndal discusses why it is too early to reopen. Tamara Shealey discusses Georgia open for business. And COVID-19 update & more.
Doctor Shannon Sovndal has a message for America.
Dr. Sovndal points out that in order to open up the economy safely, it is essential that certain protocols are followed, Deep within that protocol is what is repeated ad nauseam. We must increase testing in a massive manner and we must codify acceptable social behaviors for the duration of the pandemic.
Tamara Shealey, Georgia Democratic Senate candidate is here with us. She discusses the opening up of Georgia even as Georgia’s infection rates are rising.
- 100+ economists want Pelosi to boost relief for workers.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- Covid-19 deaths likely much higher than the reported numbers.
- Mitch McConnell wants states to go bankrupt as opposed to giving them support. But of course, he never minded bailing out corporations.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
- Analysis: He Got Tested For Coronavirus. Then Came The Flood Of Medical Bills.
- Critics Decry ‘Massive Step in Wrong Direction’ as Big Banks Move to Buy Up Fracking Industry Assets With Coronavirus Bailout Funds.
Trump will do well to listen to the Doctor.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
‘Pathetic’: Trump Says No to Additional Covid-19 Stimulus Checks, Backs Cutting Tax That Funds Social Security Instead
“Cutting payroll taxes does nothing to help seniors or the millions of people who just lost their jobs. It does, however, defund Social Security and Medicare—which is why Trump is obsessed with the idea.”
President Donald Trump on Tuesday expressed opposition to providing additional direct relief payments on top of the $1,200 checks that are slowly trickling out to eligible U.S. households, saying he would instead prefer to slash the tax that funds Social Security and Medicare.
“Well, I like the idea of payroll tax cuts,” Trump said at a press conference when asked about the idea of authorizing another round of direct payments in the next coronavirus stimulus package as mass layoffs continue.
“I’ve liked that from the beginning,” the president said. “That was a thing that I really would love to see happen. A lot of economists would agree with me. A lot of people agree with me. And I think frankly it’s simple, it’s not the big distribution, and it would really be an incentive for people to come back to work and for employers to hire.”
Trump has floated the idea of a payroll tax cut several times in recent weeks—suggesting at one point earlier this month that the cut should be permanent—even though the move would not provide any relief for the tens of millions of people who have lost their jobs since mid-March.
“Economists don’t actually agree with him,” said Justin Wolfers, economics professor at the University of Michigan. “Payroll tax cuts are too slow and poorly targeted.”
But a payroll tax cut would advance a longstanding objective of the conservative movement by striking a blow to Social Security and Medicare funding, advocacy groups pointed out. The CARES Act, which Trump signed into law last month, contained a little-noticed provision allowing employers to delay payment of the payroll tax for at least the rest of 2020.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- The Hunter Biden Impeachment story is DONE! AOC and Democrats made it a GOP embarrassment.
- Congress is failing families. Your budget informs us about your overall values.
- PDR Host Egberto Willies interviewed on The Devil’s Advocates Radio Show LIVE about engaging MAGA
- Jake Tapper ridicules Matt Gaetz: You’re “someone who is looking for clicks, likes, & Fox hits.”
- Former RNC Chair Michael Steele explains why the Republican debate was an embarrassing crap show.
- Miles Taylor on Trump supporters: We are living in a master class of silence and complicity
- Pete Buttigieg itemizes effects of a Republican shutdown but failed to point out media failure.
- Rep. Bowman knocks Sinema & Manchin for their complicity with Republicans to increase child poverty.
- MSNBC’s Joy-Ann Reid goes ballistic on mainstream media for the horrendous Biden vs. Trump coverage.
- Amanda Carpenter challenges General Milley’s statement in an article with a reality: Trump can win.
- Association of Flight Attendants Prez Sara Nelson nails the union message in Ali Velshi interview.
- Republican operative: McCarthy is dealing with people that are too stupid to be in Congress: More?
- Cori Bush schools GOP on oversight: Dings Trump: a white supremacist election overthrowing demagogue.
- Rep Ted Lieu forced GOP’s sham Garland judiciary hearing to highlight Trump as Jan 6 coup leader.
- EPIC WARNING: Fmr. GOP Operative Steve Schmidt excoriates McConnell & GOP and then …
- A contentious debate on men having no say in the control of a woman’s body, irrespective of baby-daddy.
- Fox News spins the GOP/Joe Manchin alliance that exploded child poverty as failed Biden policies.
- Right winger equates women’s right to choose with the atrocities by some Vietnam soldiers.
- How can I be a more environmentally responsible parent?
- What’s the kerfuffle over uranium mining near the Grand Canyon?