Doctor Shannon Sovndal discusses why it is too early to reopen. Tamara Shealey discusses Georgia open for business. And COVID-19 update & more.
Doctor Shannon Sovndal has a message for America.
Dr. Sovndal points out that in order to open up the economy safely, it is essential that certain protocols are followed, Deep within that protocol is what is repeated ad nauseam. We must increase testing in a massive manner and we must codify acceptable social behaviors for the duration of the pandemic.
Tamara Shealey, Georgia Democratic Senate candidate is here with us. She discusses the opening up of Georgia even as Georgia’s infection rates are rising.
- 100+ economists want Pelosi to boost relief for workers.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- Covid-19 deaths likely much higher than the reported numbers.
- Mitch McConnell wants states to go bankrupt as opposed to giving them support. But of course, he never minded bailing out corporations.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
- Analysis: He Got Tested For Coronavirus. Then Came The Flood Of Medical Bills.
- Critics Decry ‘Massive Step in Wrong Direction’ as Big Banks Move to Buy Up Fracking Industry Assets With Coronavirus Bailout Funds.
Trump will do well to listen to the Doctor.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
‘Pathetic’: Trump Says No to Additional Covid-19 Stimulus Checks, Backs Cutting Tax That Funds Social Security Instead
“Cutting payroll taxes does nothing to help seniors or the millions of people who just lost their jobs. It does, however, defund Social Security and Medicare—which is why Trump is obsessed with the idea.”
President Donald Trump on Tuesday expressed opposition to providing additional direct relief payments on top of the $1,200 checks that are slowly trickling out to eligible U.S. households, saying he would instead prefer to slash the tax that funds Social Security and Medicare.
“Well, I like the idea of payroll tax cuts,” Trump said at a press conference when asked about the idea of authorizing another round of direct payments in the next coronavirus stimulus package as mass layoffs continue.
“I’ve liked that from the beginning,” the president said. “That was a thing that I really would love to see happen. A lot of economists would agree with me. A lot of people agree with me. And I think frankly it’s simple, it’s not the big distribution, and it would really be an incentive for people to come back to work and for employers to hire.”
Trump has floated the idea of a payroll tax cut several times in recent weeks—suggesting at one point earlier this month that the cut should be permanent—even though the move would not provide any relief for the tens of millions of people who have lost their jobs since mid-March.
“Economists don’t actually agree with him,” said Justin Wolfers, economics professor at the University of Michigan. “Payroll tax cuts are too slow and poorly targeted.”
But a payroll tax cut would advance a longstanding objective of the conservative movement by striking a blow to Social Security and Medicare funding, advocacy groups pointed out. The CARES Act, which Trump signed into law last month, contained a little-noticed provision allowing employers to delay payment of the payroll tax for at least the rest of 2020.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Senator explains how filibuster gives 24% of Americans veto power over what a 76% majority wants
- Rep. Liz Cheney slams GOP, Kevin McCarthy, & Jim Jordan for not voting for Bannon’s contempt.
- Republican Operative to Democrats: SPINE UP — an unpunished coup is a training exercise
- BINGO! This is how Progressives must talk about the Build Back Better price tag Dems, watch & learn
- Republican pundit scare tactic: Wage increases are inflationary. Hey, what about profit increases?
- Republican Liz Cheney destroys her Party as she votes to punish Steve Bannon’s refusal to testify
- Former Secretary of State, General Colin Powell died this morning
- Buttigieg schools Chuck Todd: Private sector made supply chain fiasco. Biden not waiting on market.
- Workers now have the upper hand. And that is the way it should be going forward.
- Joe Biden disregards unhinged unemployment report MSM GOP narrative
- Republicans urging Republicans to vote Democratic in 2022 and 2024
- Biden official dispels the hysteria of the IRS looking at your every transaction. It’s false.
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Texas administrator heard forcing teachers to teach alternative history to students.
- Fareed Zakaria: Why Build Back Better and not tariffs is better for the American worker.
- The other BIG LIE: General uses GPS Fareed Zakaria to scare Americans to increase defense spending.
- Semi-DINO Manchin complains about Schumer justifiably slamming GOP debt ceiling hostage-taking.
- Watch Joe Biden disregard the unhinged unemployment report mainstream media GOP negative narrative
- The message about Van Jones, Carlos Watson, & Sage Steele only Tiffany Cross had the ovaries to say
- Bernie Sanders goes ballistic on Joe Manchin: Stop holding Prez, 48 Senators, & Americans hostage.
- MSNBC Host slams Republican Senator: I hear you acknowledge the hypocrisy of your party (The Republican Party).