Call: (646) 716-5812 – “Facebook LIVE” – Live stream: BlogTalkRadio (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: April 14th, 2020
LIKE our Facebook page, SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel and Become a Patron.
Daniel J. Cohen discusses the realities of reopening the economy. We discuss how COVID-19 exposes the fallacy within American Capitalism.
COVID-19 exposed the biggest posers for unfettered American capitalism.
It exposed the inhumanity that accompanies capitalism as practiced in the United States. Not only has it caused massive deaths indirectly but it is in the process of destroying the personal economies of middle-class and poor America. Is this the end of capitalism as we know it?
Indivisible Houston’s President Daniel Cohen discusses the perils of reopening the economy like a faucet. He will discuss his most prescient article “We can’t just “turn the economy back on”. We must adapt.” that makes the case.
- The Congressional Progressive Caucus is calling on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to meet the coronavirus crisis with the urgency it deserves by advancing another sweeping stimulus.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
- Analysis: He Got Tested For Coronavirus. Then Came The Flood Of Medical Bills.
- New polling out Wednesday backdropped by the continuing coronavirus outbreak shows that most of the country believes the U.S. political system works only for the wealthy and elite rather than for working people.
- Critics Decry ‘Massive Step in Wrong Direction’ as Big Banks Move to Buy Up Fracking Industry Assets With Coronavirus Bailout Funds.
COVID-19 v. Capitalism
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
As Small Businesses in US Face Coronavirus Doomsday, Big Insurers Say: We Can’t Save You. We Won’t Save You.
“We may not have a Main Street left if we don’t take immediate action.”
As small business owners around the U.S. grapple with the financial losses they are suffering—and the suffering yet to come—as millions shut down and lose business under government orders to slow the spread of the coronavirus, property and business insurance companies are claiming they’re unable to cover those losses and are not equipped to handle pandemics like this.
As Roll Call first reported Wednesday, several trade groups representing large insurers sent a letter on April 2 to Reps. Gil Cisneros and Mike Thompson, both Democrats from California, in response to a request the lawmakers to explain why companies were not paying “business interruption loss” claims filed by small businesses.
The groups—including National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies, Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America, American Property Casualty Insurance Association, Reinsurance Association of America, and the Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers—said insurance companies are not “designed” to cover losses caused by a pandemic and called on the government to take action to provide relief.
“Insurance coverage works by spreading risk, but that model simply cannot account for a situation in which losses are catastrophic and nearly universal. Standard business interruption policies do not, and were not designed to, provide coverage against communicable diseases such as COVID-19, and as such, were not actuarially priced to do so,” the groups wrote.
Ahead of the Trump administration’s rollout of the $350 billion small business rescue fund, known as the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and comprised of taxpayer-backed loans, the organizations called on Congress to provide “additional liquidity…for impaired industries and businesses to avoid an unprecedented systemic, economic crisis.”
The grassroots network Main Street Alliance (MSA), which works directly with more than 30,000 small businesses to make sure their interests are represented in public policy, says both private and public entities should help to avoid “catastrophic closures” of small businesses as a result of the pandemic.
“We’re pushing hard for as many government interventions as possible in this unique time, including payroll support,” Cynthia Ward Wikstrom, campaigns director for MSA, told Common Dreams. “Insurance companies are some of our more profitable companies that should be picking up some of burden. It seems there could be a government-backed portion and also that insurance would pick up a portion.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Rep Hakeem Jeffries points slammed GOP as unpatriotic in dealing with the debt ceiling.
- The 11-year-old black kid who called 911 and was shot by a Mississippi cop is my fear and that of many.black kid
- Moms Demand Action presented a moving Memorial for Uvalde in Kingwood, Texas.
- Chris Hayes exposes why Republicans holding America hostage with the debt ceiling is a farce.
- TX AG Paxton to be impeached. 11-year-old shot by a cop. Chris Hayes exposes Debt Ceiling fraud.
- Moms Demand Action memorializes Uvalde. KAD President on TX Lege failure. GOP tanking economy
- We blow up the tax cuts myth & debt ceiling lies parroted by Freedom Caucus member Bob Good.
- The Republican Texas Legislature has become the American Taliban in its governing style.
- Texas Talibanization continues. Tax cut & debt ceiling lies debunked. We must save ourselves.
- Wallace & Glaude slams GOP attack on freedom. Evil chairman in a meek package. Colorado River.
- The youngest state Dem chair speaks. Markey urges the 14th Amendment. 60 Minutes exposes contractors.
- Ed Markey is correct—use the 14th Amendment. Work requirements to extend debt is letting bullies win.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene puts the life of a black Rep, Jamaal Bowman, at risk with a false accusation.
- A real Healthcare for All story. Healthcare for All is the only answer. Leave TikTok alone.
- Northeastern Action Collective urges Houston to solve BIPOC area flooding. Medicare for all is back.
- Michael Steele: MAGA losses are acceptable to them because they are playing the long game.
- WOW! A local TX TV station exposed the healthcare evil. Michael Steele: MAGA playing the long game
- Harris County Attorney Christian Menefee on Texas Legislature attacks. Inconvenient truths about the GOP.
- Helen Gym, a Progressive to watch, was poised to become mayor of Philadelphia had voters showed up!
- Let Corps pay for inflation. Katy Tur humanizes immigration. MSM finally reports inflation is down.