Coronavirus is causing an unhinged Donald Trump day by day. Make no mistake, he is like an animal in a corner and that is when they are at the most dangerous.
Coronavirus is exposing so much. Note we are at a tipping point and must be careful.
Today we will cover the politics and immoral economics of the coronavirus pandemic. The topics we are covering follows:
- A reader feels Biden will be reassuring for business. A response was necessary.
- Amazing how McConnell treats handouts to corporations differently than needed support to human,
- Press Conference fill of false hope.
- Naomi Klein on Coronavirus Capitalism.
- NTNU in Norway Warns about Coronavirus, the United States’ Healthcare and Infrastructure
- New Polling Shows Widespread US Public Support for Paid Sick Leave, Medicare for All to Fight Coronavirus
Coronavirus must be an economic teaching tool.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Paid Sick Leave Loopholes: ‘There’s a Giant Hole in Pelosi’s Coronavirus Bill’
“In fact, the bill guarantees sick leave only to about 20 percent of workers.”
In a new video from The Intercept, author and activist Naomi Klein explains how the Trump administration and other governments across the globe are “exploiting” the coronavirus outbreak “to push for no-strings-attached corporate bailouts and regulatory rollbacks,” and urges working people worldwide to resist such efforts and demand real support from political leaders during the ongoing crisis.
Klein, author of the 2007 book The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism, notes that President Donald Trump has pushed for a payroll tax cut that could bankrupt Social Security; promised help to major polluters like airlines, cruise companies, and fossil fuel firms that are driving climate disruption; and met with executives of private health insurance companies—in the words of Klein, “the very ones who have made sure that so many Americans cannot afford the care they need.”
“Look, we know this script. In 2008, the last time we had a global financial meltdown, the same kinds of bad ideas for no-strings-attached corporate bailouts carried the day, and regular people around the world paid the price,” says Klein. “We know what Trump’s plan is: a pandemic shock doctrine featuring all the most dangerous ideas lying around, from privatizing Social Security to locking down borders to caging even more migrants. Hell, he might even try canceling elections. But the end of this story hasn’t been written yet.”
“Instead of rescuing the dirty industries of the last century, we should be boosting the clean ones that will lead us into safety in the coming century,” Klein says, pointing to the Green New Deal. “If there is one thing history teaches us, it’s that moments of shock are profoundly volatile. We either lose a whole lot of ground, get fleeced by elites, and pay the price for decades, or we win progressive victories that seemed impossible just a few weeks earlier. This is no time to lose our nerve.”
Klein also discussed the COVID-19 pandemic on the Tuesday episode of Intercepted, a podcast hosted by The Intercept co-founder Jeremy Scahill.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Epic! MSNBC’s Tiffany Cross decimates Republican on what the GOP stands for.
- Congresswoman’s interview makes clear we cannot forget insurrection nor allow guilty to go free
- Names of the Capitol alleged insurrectionaries with complaints or indictments.
- The words Biden’s Inauguration Poet Amanda Gorman used in Lester Holt interview even more insightful
- Texas Activists carrying symbolic coffins marched at the home of Ted Cruz demanding his resignation.
- Watch President Biden tells his staff that he will fire them on the spot for Trump-like behavior!
- The Capitol Assault—Roots and Solutions
- Chuck Todd to false equivalency Republican, Only one side that tried to overthrow the Capitol.
- McConnell throws Trump, Ted Cruz, & Josh Hawley under the bus on the seditious insurrection.
- Camo or no, traitors clearly visible
- Katy Tur panel explains how the Republican Party became a cult.
- Why good people do evil things with a clear conscience? Abstraction explained.
- Karen Finney: “This is who we are.” But her message to both Democrats & the GOP was more profound.
- Southern Populism and the Secret History of Segregation
- Insurrection on Capitol: Funeral for White Supremacy. These people are the barnacles on the future.
- Rep. Clyburn calls them out as a hate group and reveals an American unfortunate truth.
- Rep. Jim Clyburn admonished Republicans. Tell the truth about the election. Stop hurting the country.
- Why Jan 6th attempted coup on the US should give legs to #DefundThePolice
- Are hunters really the biggest conservationists in America?
- What are ski resorts, gear makers, and professional skiers and snowboarders doing to fight global warming?