The mainstream media are trying to will the status quo by building up centrists whose modus operandi is a failure. Progressives can shut it down by voting in massive numbers.
As the centrists started to coalesce around Biden, many progressives started contacting me with unwarranted fear.
Let’s be clear, centrists coalescing around Joe Biden is likely a good thing. A debate stage where Biden has to do a lot of talking and defending the status quo will not be a gaffe free zone. Given that the policies he supports, are anathema to the middle class when examined, pressing him consistently in debates should be like shooting fish in a barrel. So progressives, let’s ensure our progressive candidates are funded. Most importantly, get to hell out and vote and ensure those in your sphere are voting as well.
Progressives must vote.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is a listener-supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- MSNBC’s Ali Velshi calls out Fed Chairman Jerome Powell on ‘market fundamentally sound’
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin shows no concern for the working class
- American COVID-19 Capitalism: Trash bags for doctors & medical personnel protective clothing.
- The Case for Medicare for All: Why *Single-Payer* is absolutely necessary
- 3 Million Americans filed for unemployment last week
- Dinesh D’Souza taunts Blue States on COVID-19 infections & wanting handouts.
- HOW COVID-19 KILLS — I’m a Surgeon — And Why We Can’t Save You
- Coronavirus stimulus bill finally reached
- Right-Wing Host to 50+: Forget coronavirus. Go back to work. Save the economy.
- Steven Mnuchin to Nancy Pelosi: You’re quoting the Pope I’ll quote the markets.