Even as coronavirus puts most Americans at risk, we find that Republicans and some Democrats seem to acquiesce to corporate wants. Bernie Sanders’ policies are looking quite good now.
Sadly, the United States’ response to the coronavirus is as expected when one has a corporate-controlled government.
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi gave the impression that the new coronavirus relief bill would cover sick leave for all employees. In other words, no one should fear staying home if they feel sick. It turns out one could drive a truck through the loopholes for corporations.
Today we will cover how even in a time of crisis our politicians keep the door open to make pandemics a profit center.
- NTNU in Norway Warns about Coronavirus, the United States’ Healthcare and Infrastructure
- Nancy Pelosi Once Again Bails Out a GOP President Facing a National Crisis
- Paid Sick Leave Loopholes: ‘There’s a Giant Hole in Pelosi’s Coronavirus Bill’
- New Polling Shows Widespread US Public Support for Paid Sick Leave, Medicare for All to Fight Coronavirus
- Trump to Governors: ‘Try Getting It Yourselves’ If You Need Life-Saving Equipment to Fight Coronavirus
Coronavirus must be an economic teaching tool.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Paid Sick Leave Loopholes: ‘There’s a Giant Hole in Pelosi’s Coronavirus Bill’
“In fact, the bill guarantees sick leave only to about 20 percent of workers.”
Early Saturday morning the US House of Representatives voted 363-40 to pass a coronavirus relief package, days after the World Health Organization declared the virus a pandemic. The US Senate won’t take the bill up until at least Monday, because Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell decided to give Senators the weekend off.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is facing widespread criticism Saturday for misrepresenting what the legislation would actually do.
In a letter to her Democratic colleagues Saturday Pelosi wrote:
“I am very proud to write that the provisions we put forth with your input, including paid sick leave, paid family and medical leave, enhanced Unemployment Insurance, food security initiatives and free and widespread testing, are all included in this agreement. “
The New York Times editorialized Saturday afternoon:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi early Saturday celebrated passage of legislation she described as providing paid sick leave to American workers affected by the coronavirus.
She neglected to mention the fine print.
In fact, the bill guarantees sick leave only to about 20 percent of workers. Big employers like McDonald’s and Amazon are not required to provide any paid sick leave, while companies with fewer than 50 employees can seek hardship exemptions from the Trump administration.
“If you are sick, stay home,” Vice President Mike Pence said at a news conference on Saturday afternoon. “You’re not going to miss a paycheck.”
But that’s simply not true. Sick workers should stay home, but there is no guarantee in the emergency legislation that most of them will get paid.
The White House and congressional Republicans, who insisted on the exemptions as the price of bipartisan support for the legislation, bear the primary responsibility for the indefensible decision to prioritize corporate profits in the midst of a public health emergency…
The House’s failure to require universal paid sick leave is an embarrassment that endangers the health of workers, consumers and the broader American public.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- This segment shows media negligence undermining Americans, giving MAGA Republican lies a platform.
- Conservative Joe Scarborough slams GOP & MAGA and praises Democratic successes better than most.
- AT LAST! California Gov. Gavin Newsom has a stark message for Democrats they better heed now.
- The statements from two economists prove our economic system is a failure to the middle class.
- Justice Alito mocks leaders on his Roe ruling, demonstrating he is but a political hack.
- Is nuclear energy an acceptable transfer energy source toward a completely green energy economy?
- The Ukraine / Russia war is used to expose the money grab all wars are.
- Herschel Walker’s son Christian Walker destroys him and calls out family values conservatives.
- Antiseptic Slavery defined: Why 80% of Americans are antiseptic slaves. 19% enforce it for the 1%
- Watch MSNBC panelist say Ginni Thomas is part of the demented fringe as he scourers her actions.
- He wants Beto O’Rourke disqualified for a name change. Why not Abbott for allowing Texans’ deaths?
- Truths about student loan debt, college costs, and corporate freeloading on the backs of students.￼
- Watch Prez Biden warns oil company thugs not to raise prices gouging Americans due to hurricane.
- Fmr. GOP Chair Michael Steele: Polls are wrong. There will be a pink wave. Dems to hold House.
- Even GOP operative Karl Rove thinks Texas Republicans are extremists and will pay the price.
- BOOOOM! Pete Buttigieg decimated Ron DeSantis at a Texas conference as no one else could.
- A Democratic candidate vying for Republican Gohmert’s seat’s hit w/ hate crime & cops were no help.
- Heitkamp dings Republican analyst: The good Trump policies you’re touting are Democratic policies
- COUNTRY OVER PARTY: Liz Cheney will support Democrats but goes much deeper!
- WARNING from Bill Clinton: ‘We can hold both houses.’ But remember, Republicans, know how to close.