Many consider Donald Trump a very bad person. The thing is with Trump is what you see is what you get. In that light, Trump may not be as bad as his benefactors or the chameleons.
Have you ever wondered why major personalities have not openly lambasted Donald Trump?
If Donald Trump is so bad, how come the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Kanye West, Steve Harvey, and others use their platforms to educate people about the evils of Donald Trump? It is a very important question. Because while many will want us to fight Trump from a racial point of view, it is much more complicated and most in the upper classes are not our allies.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Trump Quietly Slashed Pay Raise for Federal Workers a Day Before Claiming US Economy Is Best ‘In History’
“This is just the latest action in Donald Trump’s war on civil servants.”
In a move that drew outrage from labor unions and progressives, President Donald Trump this week quietly took steps to slash a scheduled pay raise for millions of federal workers from 2.5% to 1% due to supposed concerns about “keeping the nation on a fiscally sustainable course.”
“I have determined that for 2021 the across-the-board base pay increase will be limited to 1.0%,” Trump said in a message to Congress on Monday. “This alternative pay plan decision will not materially affect our ability to attract and retain a well‑qualified federal workforce.”
The president’s proposed “adjustment” to the scheduled pay raise will take effect in January 2021 unless Congress passes legislation to override the change.
Just a day after his message to Congress, Trump tweeted, “BEST USA ECONOMY IN HISTORY!”
Critics highlighted the disconnect between the president’s justification for cutting the planned raise for federal workers and his boasts about the state of the U.S. economy.
“Trump claimed we had the ‘BEST USA ECONOMY IN HISTORY’ and cited ‘serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare’ to justify limiting pay increases for federal workers,” tweeted Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.). “These are contradicting claims. They can’t both be true.”
This is just the latest action in @realDonaldTrump’s war on civil servants. He held their pay hostage during the failed #TrumpShutdown, worked to undermine their collective bargaining rights and proposed cuts to their retirement benefits. #TrumpBudget.— Steve Cohen (@RepCohen) February 12, 2020
Slate’s Elliot Hannon wrote Wednesday that “cutting the 2.5% raise set for 2021 to 1% for millions of federal workers seems a bit austere in the face of such self-proclaimed boom times.”
“Even more absurdly, Trump is justifying ordering the cut on the grounds that the country is in the midst of a ‘national emergency or serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare,’ which the White House says authorizes the president to ‘implement alternative plans for pay adjustments,'” Hannon added. “So which is it? The best economy in the history of economies or a national economic emergency? Either way, somebody’s lying.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Terrified atomic workers warn the COVID-19 pandemic threatens disaster
- How we can vote without killing ourselves — and ensure every vote counts!
- Will COVID-19 Unite or Divide Us? Improving Social Capital in The Age of Disease, Disinformation, and Distrust
- Texas woman calls COVID-19 a hoax. She is now dead from her willful ignorance.
- Chuck Todd excoriates Trump at the opening of Meet The Press on COVID-19 pandemic response.
- Republican on Trump: Mentally unraveling under COVID-19 pressure.
- How did corn become the dominant crop? Any environmental consequences?
- Taxpayers Paid Millions to Design a Low-Cost Ventilator for a Pandemic. Instead, the Company Is Selling Versions of It Overseas.
- His words clearly show Trump’s ‘war profiteering’ in full vogue.
- Professor points out the insanity and inhumanity of America’s unemployment system