Rebecca Shukla, renowned Houston activist discusses how she & her cohorts intend to mobilize to take back a Houston Area congressional district. This applies nationally.
We must all carry that moniker, activist.
These are not the times to sit back. We are lucky to women like Rebecca Shukla beating the pavement, registering folks, and organizing events to ensure we qualify the appropriate progressives to vote for.
Rebecca Shukla was born in Chicago. She is a grassroots activist working to turn Texas Congressional Districts blue. She and her cohort were successful in District 7. Now they intend to do the same with State House District 134. Her organizing experience was developed through many years of volunteering in public schools. After the election, this self-described Jewish woman married to an Indian man with two “brown sons,” a mother-in-law with a green card, and mother that relies on social security and Medicare/Medicaid decided that standing on the sidelines of politics was no longer an option.
Rebecca will discuss the importance of this HD 134 candidate forum.
Democrats must overcome this!
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is a listener-supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Most police aren’t good. The statement makes our inaction tolerable as POCs visibly abused/killed.
- Face coverings and ‘cancel culture’
- COVID-19 task force all but call Trump a liar about Hydroxychloroquine?
- Pelosi schools ABC host as she tried to slam Democratic governor on COVID-19 resurgence
- Trump’s Treasury Secretary thinks Americans are overpaid
- 91-year-old activist James Lawson slams plantation capitalism at John Lewis funeral
- President Obama explains that Congressman John Lewis is a founding father.
- About John Lewis: He loved America until America learned to love him back
- Is DEET natural and safe and which formulations and concentrations are advised?
- Romney Strategist: What I’m gonna do is support Democrats because …