My daughter Ashley Willies got a stroke at 28 years old. This was the scare of my life. It has made me that more passionate about advocating and ensuring we get Medicare for All.
Forcing politicians to support Medicare for All first requires massive education by examples.
I intend to tell my personal stories in every venue I find. More importantly, the stories will be told in a manner that others can see themselves within them. That is how we educate as well as allow others to infer what could happen to them based on what has happened to others.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
‘Let Iowa Be the Beginning of a New America’: Last Poll Before Caucus Shows Sanders With 7-Point Lead
“The whole world is looking at Iowa. The whole world is asking whether or not the people in Iowa are prepared to stand up and fight for justice,” said Sen. Bernie Sanders.
An Emerson/7 News poll released on the eve of the Iowa caucuses found that Sen. Bernie Sanders, buttressed by strong support from younger voters, is leading the 2020 Democratic presidential field in the state by seven percentage points heading into Monday’s voting.
According to the new survey, Sanders has the support of 28% of likely Iowa caucus-goers. Former Vice President Joe Biden polled in second place with 21% support, followed by Pete Buttigieg at 15%.
“The key to Sanders’ lead is his overwhelming support among young voters, as he garners 45% support among 18-49 year-olds,” Emerson noted in a write-up of the poll results.
The survey of 853 likely Iowa Democratic caucus-goers was conducted between Jan. 30 and Feb. 2 and has a margin of error of +/- 3.3%.
Iowa Democratic Caucus:— Emerson College Polling (@EmersonPolling) February 2, 2020
28% @BernieSanders (-2)
21% @JoeBiden (0)
15% @PeteButtigieg (+5)
14% @ewarren (+2)
11% @amyklobuchar (-2)
5% @AndrewYang (0)
4% @TomSteyer (-1)
1% @TulsiGabbard (-4)
1% @MichaelBennet (+1)
0% @DevalPatrick (0)https://t.co/s9O9kasjU5 pic.twitter.com/1gMaZMq0Gg
The poll comes after Sanders and his campaign surrogates—including Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and filmmaker Michael Moore—rallied and made a final pitch to voters across Iowa ahead of the first-in-the-nation caucuses, which are scheduled to begin at 7pm local time.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- These ‘STRONG MEN’ are at the heights of Republican hypocrisy amid their ongoing support for Trump.
- Philadelphia DA, Larry Krasner: Democrats have the answer to crime Republican policy fails
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.
- WOW! Reporter takes down losing MAGA AZ Gov. Candidate Kari Lake with a striking barrage
- EGGS ON HIS FACE! Democratic pundit Karen Finney’s analysis was genius as the smug one looks silly.
- Democratic & GOP pundits & Congressman school Republicans on reasons the Democrats won big.
- The GenZ and Millennial generations saved Democracy in America & here’s the proof.
- Stephanie Ruhle blast Republicans after they admit lying about the steal, CRT, and litter boxes
- REALLY? Fox News has a novel and condescendingly sexist message to get women to vote for Republicans
- Matthew Dowd nailed the election as if he was reading a crystal ball
- Fox News slams GOP: Voters said no thanks to the Republican alternative. They’ve indicted the Party.
- Clubs in Action via Humble Area Democrats canvass right up to this existential midterm.