My daughter Ashley Willies got a stroke at 28 years old. This was the scare of my life. It has made me that more passionate about advocating and ensuring we get Medicare for All.
Forcing politicians to support Medicare for All first requires massive education by examples.
I intend to tell my personal stories in every venue I find. More importantly, the stories will be told in a manner that others can see themselves within them. That is how we educate as well as allow others to infer what could happen to them based on what has happened to others.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
‘Let Iowa Be the Beginning of a New America’: Last Poll Before Caucus Shows Sanders With 7-Point Lead
“The whole world is looking at Iowa. The whole world is asking whether or not the people in Iowa are prepared to stand up and fight for justice,” said Sen. Bernie Sanders.
An Emerson/7 News poll released on the eve of the Iowa caucuses found that Sen. Bernie Sanders, buttressed by strong support from younger voters, is leading the 2020 Democratic presidential field in the state by seven percentage points heading into Monday’s voting.
According to the new survey, Sanders has the support of 28% of likely Iowa caucus-goers. Former Vice President Joe Biden polled in second place with 21% support, followed by Pete Buttigieg at 15%.
“The key to Sanders’ lead is his overwhelming support among young voters, as he garners 45% support among 18-49 year-olds,” Emerson noted in a write-up of the poll results.
The survey of 853 likely Iowa Democratic caucus-goers was conducted between Jan. 30 and Feb. 2 and has a margin of error of +/- 3.3%.
Iowa Democratic Caucus:— Emerson College Polling (@EmersonPolling) February 2, 2020
28% @BernieSanders (-2)
21% @JoeBiden (0)
15% @PeteButtigieg (+5)
14% @ewarren (+2)
11% @amyklobuchar (-2)
5% @AndrewYang (0)
4% @TomSteyer (-1)
1% @TulsiGabbard (-4)
1% @MichaelBennet (+1)
0% @DevalPatrick (0)https://t.co/s9O9kasjU5 pic.twitter.com/1gMaZMq0Gg
The poll comes after Sanders and his campaign surrogates—including Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and filmmaker Michael Moore—rallied and made a final pitch to voters across Iowa ahead of the first-in-the-nation caucuses, which are scheduled to begin at 7pm local time.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- What is a “pollinator lawn” and how can I make one in my backyard?
- Will Barr Get Away With Covering Up Treason for HW Bush, Reagan & Now Trump?
- Chuck Todd meticulously destroys the Republican Party. They’ll implode, or the country will.
- How Do We Stop Corporations From Shoving Fascism Down Our Throats?
- Mitch McConnell has proven we must believe him at his word. Democrats better act accordingly!
- MSNBC host uses her good fortune to blast America’s draconian family leave & other social policies
- Biden blinks, Progressive’s fight to #FreeTheVaccine may yet save the world and the rest of us.
- White privilege fails to protect woman who follows Black delivery driver yelling racial slurs
- Why McConnell Is About to Destroy the GOP
- Nomadland Exposes the Middle-Class Rip-Off
- What’s the latest on hydrogen-powered fuel cells?
- Increasing Desperation as the U.S. Capitalist System Declines
- Oops! Republican Projection: Man convicted of voter fraud in PA voted for Trump & more to come
- This McConnell statement a green light to write the jobs/infrastructure/family bills Americans want
- SHOCKED! ThisWeek’s Martha Raddatz stopped lie-in-progress from prolific Republican lying Senator
- Republican: Biggest anti-democratic force in this country & biggest danger to our Republic is the GOP
- Tiffany Cross: Tim Scott embarrassingly on the wrong side of history. Two sides to every token. OUCH!
- Is there any future for small residential wind turbines as we transition to more renewable forms of energy?
- WOW! Chuck Todd dings lying Republican Rep: While GOP controlled all of the government ‘Debt Skyrocketed’
- Oops! White House Chief of Staff threw shade at Sen Tim Scott’s presidential address response. Deep!