Nisha Randle, John Cotter, & Rufi Natarajan representing HCDP & local Democratic groups, detail their upcoming Forums. 2nd segment: My Christmas healthcare ordeal.
Several area local Democratic groups got together to produce two well-organized forums featuring candidates you should learn about.
Nisha and John tell us all about the genesis of the 2020 Senate Forum of Democratic Texas Senate candidates. Do they intend to make this a habit? One hopes so. These local groups are generating a lot of enthusiasm in Harris, Montgomery, and surrounding counties. If you are in the Houston Metropolitan Area, this is a forum you should not miss. One of these candidates is likely to represent Texas in Washington DC and it is imperative you know about them all.
- Event: 2020 US Senate Candidate Forum
- Date: Saturday, January 11, 2020
- Time: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Venue: Green House International Church
- Address: 200 W. Greens Rd., Houston, TX 77067
- Facebook Event: http://bit.ly/36xTebR
Rufi Natarajan, representing several local Democratic Groups says, “Game over on the Sarah Davis experiment! With Davis support on all but a few bills, TX Republicans passed many of the nation’s most extreme anti-choice laws, gutted public schools, legalized racial profiling, she even voted for open carry and to allow guns in schools.” Which House District 134 candidate will represent you? Make an informed decision by attending the HD 134 Forum.
- Event: HD 134 Democratic Candidate Primary Forum
- Date: Thursday, January 9, 2020
- Time: 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- Venue: Faith Lutheran Church
- Address: 4600 Bellaire Blvd, Bellaire, Texas 77401
- Facebook Event: http://bit.ly/39FiRJT
Our second segment will cover my Christmas healthcare ordeal and our family’s subsequent interaction with a system that can only be defined as evil.
Our Evil Healthcare System
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is a listener-supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- The Lincoln Project exposes in detail Trump’s catastrophic job policies
- Judge Lina Hidalgo puts Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on the spot for COVID-19 response
- Ali Velshi drills Trump spokesman talking COVID-19 conspiracy
- RIP Medical Debt is a blessing to many drowning in medical debt.
- The 2020 Election Demands 3-Way Protection and a Nationwide Grassroots EP Upheaval
- D.L. Hughley: Can’t be a black Trump supporter & be redeemable human
- In the Name of Anti-Trump-ism, Media Elevate a Lying Warmonger
- Chris Hayes lays into President: Trump must resign for COVID-19 catastrophe
- Ali Velshi to Trump spokesperson Peter Navarro: Clearly what you are saying is not true
- What Media Aren’t Telling You About Reopening Risks