Nisha Randle, John Cotter, & Rufi Natarajan representing HCDP & local Democratic groups, detail their upcoming Forums. 2nd segment: My Christmas healthcare ordeal.
Several area local Democratic groups got together to produce two well-organized forums featuring candidates you should learn about.
Nisha and John tell us all about the genesis of the 2020 Senate Forum of Democratic Texas Senate candidates. Do they intend to make this a habit? One hopes so. These local groups are generating a lot of enthusiasm in Harris, Montgomery, and surrounding counties. If you are in the Houston Metropolitan Area, this is a forum you should not miss. One of these candidates is likely to represent Texas in Washington DC and it is imperative you know about them all.
- Event: 2020 US Senate Candidate Forum
- Date: Saturday, January 11, 2020
- Time: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Venue: Green House International Church
- Address: 200 W. Greens Rd., Houston, TX 77067
- Facebook Event: http://bit.ly/36xTebR
Rufi Natarajan, representing several local Democratic Groups says, “Game over on the Sarah Davis experiment! With Davis support on all but a few bills, TX Republicans passed many of the nation’s most extreme anti-choice laws, gutted public schools, legalized racial profiling, she even voted for open carry and to allow guns in schools.” Which House District 134 candidate will represent you? Make an informed decision by attending the HD 134 Forum.
- Event: HD 134 Democratic Candidate Primary Forum
- Date: Thursday, January 9, 2020
- Time: 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- Venue: Faith Lutheran Church
- Address: 4600 Bellaire Blvd, Bellaire, Texas 77401
- Facebook Event: http://bit.ly/39FiRJT
Our second segment will cover my Christmas healthcare ordeal and our family’s subsequent interaction with a system that can only be defined as evil.
Our Evil Healthcare System
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is a listener-supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Jake Tapper calls out 2 Republicans as liars & says violent insurrection now associated with GOP
- Tiffany Cross calls out Megyn Kelly’s attack on Naomi Osaka and a pattern of attacking Black Women.
- Angry racial-slur-obscenity-shouting Right-Winger called Progressive talk show host. Friends now?
- Ali Velshi urges Dems to disregard media pundits: Wrong then & now! Go hard on Jan 6th investigation
- Fox News’ Doocy’s question proved he’s ignorant of policy & science. Jen Psaki made him pay.
- Cincinnati Mayor: Ohio GOP passed largest Defund The Police ever. It’s Biden funding middle America.
- Rachel Maddow exasperated that the Republican 2024 frontrunner is a criminal surrounded by criminals.
- Liz Cheney supports Pelosi’s removal of Republicans & says McCarthy unqualified to be Speaker
- A disgusted Jen Psaki destroys reporter on vaccine dis-info, in effect, put up your data or shut up
- Rep. Ro Khanna justifiably slams the new billionaire space travel. Let’s end our gullibility!
- Day of Rage: How Trump Supporters Took the U.S. Capitol | Visual Investigations
- Congressman: “Donald Trump is a very dumb man. He could not have done this on his own.” EXACTLY!
- Why the Virgin Galactic “space” flight made me irate
- An inconvenient truth about Republican vs. Democratic legislation. Sen. Tim Kaine is right.
- Did CNN’s Dana Bash scold the Republican Senator? Tell Right-Wing Media to stop the misinformation.
- Democrats leaning into the progressive message. Victory will follow. Slam how-to-pay-for-it message!
- WH Reporter’s SILLY question gets a great answer from Jen Psaki: “The data speaks for itself.”
- Psaki slams Fox News Doocy: Our biggest concern should be yours too, how many people are dying.
- Sen. Tim Kaine uses McConnell’s attack to perfectly frame a winning Democratic message. EPIC!
- My rant on Cuba that too many would rather not hear but need to for our own sake.