They are lying about Medicare for All and it is our job to correct the record. David Korten talks about the Great American Myth.
It is not easy fighting against those with unlimited sources attempting to misinform about Medicare for All.
Today’s show is informative on two accounts. We discuss Medicare for All in the first segment. And in the segment, we discuss many realities about our current socio-economic system.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Response to Medicare for All opponent who thinks the sick brought it on themselves
Many people do not want Medicare for All because they do not believe healthcare is a right and because they feel no responsibility for the sick who ‘brought it onto themselves’ according to them.
There is a sect in America that has a very individualistic streak. They have the false belief that they can do it all by themselves. They think any policy that is collective in nature is somehow an infringement on their freedom or on what they’ve worked for. They see policies like Social Security, Medicare, Medicare for All, or welfare as socialist policies that they should not have to pay for. Of course, their tune usually changes when they are the ones in need.
A caller to Politics Done Right recently tried to give a rationale for the above-mentioned tenets. He is not as bad as some who I have heard.
“I do have a problem with socialized medicine,” the caller said. “I don’t have a problem taking care of the person hit by the drunk driver. But I have a big problem taking care of the drunk driver.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Will the internet army save Putin’s Pet troll?
- Bernie Sanders Can’t Win (by as Much) Unless Youth Vote Surges (Like It Recently Has)
- Egberto Willies & Leyla Martinez interviewed after Bernie Nevada win
- Does the design of corporations make them inherently untrustable as they enrich a select few?
- Krystal Ball outs Establishment rigged debate audience
- Is switching from meat to edible insects for protein needs a viable way to curb carbon emissions?
- The Bloomberg Freudian slip: He bought Democratic politicians
- Former Trump supporter now supporting Bernie because of healthcare
- Listen to Bloomberg trash his own Obama 2012 endorsement
- Rally Cry for the Resistance: It’s time to bet on us.