Many look at healthcare, Medicare for All and more in an abstract fashion. Empathy dictates seeing through the eyes of others and how their needs could be yours.
My financially struggling 3rd Year Medical Student daughter is about to get a bill she wouldn’t if we had Medicare for All
My daughter received excellent medical care for her recent unexpected stroke. The fear is, of course, that the bill she is about to receive; she will not be able to afford. Here is a young lady who went into medicine saying,
“Dad, I want to be a doctor to help all those underprivileged people I see suffering,” my daughter once told me. “I won’t ever get rich being a doctor because to be rich as a doctor means you cannot care too much for people.”
When she becomes a doctor she will be hundreds of thousands in debt just for medical school. When the bill for her stroke is tabulated and added (she cannot ever pay that till after college) it would add substantially to that debt. Interestingly, given her goal of taking care of people over getting rich, a pay-it-forward education would provide a much bigger bang for the buck as she concentrated on healing patients instead of maximizing profits from patients to pay off her debts.
We need Medicare for All
But we have been so indoctrinated by a plutocracy who would prefer to pilfer all, we just are having a hard time getting to Medicare for All which would solve all of these problems.
- Oleg, a Trump-voting Republican who is now singing the praises of Obamacare and possibly Medicare for All.
- Dr. America explains Medicare for All in detail.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
The End of American Exceptionalism? Study Indicates Failure of US Democracy Creating Wave of Self Doubt
A new study shows that less than half of all Americans are satisfied with the nation’s democratic system.
More Americans are dissatisfied with democracy than at any point since records began in 1995, according to a new study published Wednesday, and the number of citizens with a positive view of the U.S. system of government dipped for the first time below 50%.
To observers like journalist Rania Khalek, the reason for such a shift in global attitudes was clear.
“Our systems aren’t actually democratic,” said Khalek. “We live in a miserable oligarchy, no wonder people are unhappy.”
A majority of people around the world—57.5%—are dissatisfied with democracy, the University of Cambridge’s Centre for the Future of Democracy study (pdf) found.
“If confidence in democracy has been slipping, it is because democratic institutions have been seen failing to address some of the major crises of our era, from economic crashes to the threat of global warming,” said study lead author Dr Roberto Foa.
According to the study, Americans’ dissatisfaction with democracy has been on the rise since the financial crisis of 2008:
Read My Current Blog Posts
- BOOYAH: She is Right! We are slaves to a Constitution written by a tiny group of slave owners.
- European Union Parliament Member ridicules our democracy: ‘The US couldn’t spell democracy’
- PROOF: Our Supreme Court is illegitimate and sadly was placed there by rogue small-state Senators.
- GOP Rep Kinzinger slams GOP Gov Noem: Like invasion of the body snatchers. She was very different.
- Ali Velshi: SCOTUS Reign of Terror. There is no land of the free when freedom is extinguished.
- It cannot survive without a broken America, yet we live with it as we fail to confront it.
- Official swearing-in of Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson at the United States Supreme Court
- Liz Cheney: Republican leaders & elected officials made themselves willing hostages to Trump.
- Lawrence O’Donnell ridicules TX Gov. Abbott for his solution to denying rape victims an abortion.
- Historian: This was a president who led a coup d’é·tat, an insurrection against the people of the USA.
- Two young progressives call out the Democratic establishment’s ineptitude as they demand action.
- Fmr. RNC Chair to Dems: Spine up A GOP House/Senate = No filibuster & Abortion ban nationally.
- Katie Porter is right. SCOTUS ruling is an attack on the economy & freedom. Filibuster must end
- AOC destroys Arkansas Governor: Little to no support for life after birth in Arkansas.
- Democratic politicians better listen to this activist. It’s time for her winning message.
- Here’s a short-term Roe v. Wade overturn solution. Democrats must stop being spineless in the fight!
- Exposed oil scam the corporate oil cartel will hate: Politics Done Right on Muslim Network TV
- Liz Cheney gets real with Right-Wing Trump sycophants President Trump abused your trust
- An activist patriarchal Supreme Court overturned women’s Rights to their own bodies.
- Dems: Stop blaming Latinos for Democratic losses. Reassess before it’s too late.