Call: (646) 716-5812 – “Facebook LIVE” – Live stream: BlogTalkRadio (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: January 29th, 2020
LIKE our Facebook page, SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel and Become a Patron.
Many look at healthcare, Medicare for All and more in an abstract fashion. Empathy dictates seeing through the eyes of others and how their needs could be yours.
My financially struggling 3rd Year Medical Student daughter is about to get a bill she wouldn’t if we had Medicare for All
My daughter received excellent medical care for her recent unexpected stroke. The fear is, of course, that the bill she is about to receive; she will not be able to afford. Here is a young lady who went into medicine saying,
“Dad, I want to be a doctor to help all those underprivileged people I see suffering,” my daughter once told me. “I won’t ever get rich being a doctor because to be rich as a doctor means you cannot care too much for people.”
When she becomes a doctor she will be hundreds of thousands in debt just for medical school. When the bill for her stroke is tabulated and added (she cannot ever pay that till after college) it would add substantially to that debt. Interestingly, given her goal of taking care of people over getting rich, a pay-it-forward education would provide a much bigger bang for the buck as she concentrated on healing patients instead of maximizing profits from patients to pay off her debts.
We need Medicare for All
But we have been so indoctrinated by a plutocracy who would prefer to pilfer all, we just are having a hard time getting to Medicare for All which would solve all of these problems.
- Oleg, a Trump-voting Republican who is now singing the praises of Obamacare and possibly Medicare for All.
- Dr. America explains Medicare for All in detail.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
The End of American Exceptionalism? Study Indicates Failure of US Democracy Creating Wave of Self Doubt
A new study shows that less than half of all Americans are satisfied with the nation’s democratic system.
More Americans are dissatisfied with democracy than at any point since records began in 1995, according to a new study published Wednesday, and the number of citizens with a positive view of the U.S. system of government dipped for the first time below 50%.
To observers like journalist Rania Khalek, the reason for such a shift in global attitudes was clear.
“Our systems aren’t actually democratic,” said Khalek. “We live in a miserable oligarchy, no wonder people are unhappy.”
A majority of people around the world—57.5%—are dissatisfied with democracy, the University of Cambridge’s Centre for the Future of Democracy study (pdf) found.
“If confidence in democracy has been slipping, it is because democratic institutions have been seen failing to address some of the major crises of our era, from economic crashes to the threat of global warming,” said study lead author Dr Roberto Foa.
According to the study, Americans’ dissatisfaction with democracy has been on the rise since the financial crisis of 2008:
Read My Current Blog Posts
- The 11-year-old black kid who called 911 and was shot by a Mississippi cop is my fear and that of many.
- Moms Demand Action presented a moving Memorial for Uvalde in Kingwood, Texas.
- Chris Hayes exposes why Republicans holding America hostage with the debt ceiling is a farce.
- TX AG Paxton to be impeached. 11-year-old shot by a cop. Chris Hayes exposes Debt Ceiling fraud.
- Moms Demand Action memorializes Uvalde. KAD President on TX Lege failure. GOP tanking economy
- We blow up the tax cuts myth & debt ceiling lies parroted by Freedom Caucus member Bob Good.
- The Republican Texas Legislature has become the American Taliban in its governing style.
- Texas Talibanization continues. Tax cut & debt ceiling lies debunked. We must save ourselves.
- Wallace & Glaude slams GOP attack on freedom. Evil chairman in a meek package. Colorado River.
- The youngest state Dem chair speaks. Markey urges the 14th Amendment. 60 Minutes exposes contractors.
- Ed Markey is correct—use the 14th Amendment. Work requirements to extend debt is letting bullies win.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene puts the life of a black Rep, Jamaal Bowman, at risk with a false accusation.
- A real Healthcare for All story. Healthcare for All is the only answer. Leave TikTok alone.
- Northeastern Action Collective urges Houston to solve BIPOC area flooding. Medicare for all is back.
- Michael Steele: MAGA losses are acceptable to them because they are playing the long game.
- WOW! A local TX TV station exposed the healthcare evil. Michael Steele: MAGA playing the long game
- Harris County Attorney Christian Menefee on Texas Legislature attacks. Inconvenient truths about the GOP.
- Helen Gym, a Progressive to watch, was poised to become mayor of Philadelphia had voters showed up!
- Let Corps pay for inflation. Katy Tur humanizes immigration. MSM finally reports inflation is down.
- Katy Tur shows humaneness by telling the inconvenient truth. We failed & we need immigrants.