Many look at healthcare, Medicare for All and more in an abstract fashion. Empathy dictates seeing through the eyes of others and how their needs could be yours.
My financially struggling 3rd Year Medical Student daughter is about to get a bill she wouldn’t if we had Medicare for All
My daughter received excellent medical care for her recent unexpected stroke. The fear is, of course, that the bill she is about to receive; she will not be able to afford. Here is a young lady who went into medicine saying,
“Dad, I want to be a doctor to help all those underprivileged people I see suffering,” my daughter once told me. “I won’t ever get rich being a doctor because to be rich as a doctor means you cannot care too much for people.”
When she becomes a doctor she will be hundreds of thousands in debt just for medical school. When the bill for her stroke is tabulated and added (she cannot ever pay that till after college) it would add substantially to that debt. Interestingly, given her goal of taking care of people over getting rich, a pay-it-forward education would provide a much bigger bang for the buck as she concentrated on healing patients instead of maximizing profits from patients to pay off her debts.
We need Medicare for All
But we have been so indoctrinated by a plutocracy who would prefer to pilfer all, we just are having a hard time getting to Medicare for All which would solve all of these problems.
- Oleg, a Trump-voting Republican who is now singing the praises of Obamacare and possibly Medicare for All.
- Dr. America explains Medicare for All in detail.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
The End of American Exceptionalism? Study Indicates Failure of US Democracy Creating Wave of Self Doubt
A new study shows that less than half of all Americans are satisfied with the nation’s democratic system.
More Americans are dissatisfied with democracy than at any point since records began in 1995, according to a new study published Wednesday, and the number of citizens with a positive view of the U.S. system of government dipped for the first time below 50%.
To observers like journalist Rania Khalek, the reason for such a shift in global attitudes was clear.
“Our systems aren’t actually democratic,” said Khalek. “We live in a miserable oligarchy, no wonder people are unhappy.”
A majority of people around the world—57.5%—are dissatisfied with democracy, the University of Cambridge’s Centre for the Future of Democracy study (pdf) found.
“If confidence in democracy has been slipping, it is because democratic institutions have been seen failing to address some of the major crises of our era, from economic crashes to the threat of global warming,” said study lead author Dr Roberto Foa.
According to the study, Americans’ dissatisfaction with democracy has been on the rise since the financial crisis of 2008:
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Challenged by Right-Wing Newsmax & OAN, Fox News further radicalized their lies for relevance
- PROOF: Super rich people are not the makers but the parasites of our society.
- Republican to other Republicans Helping Democrats right now is helping the country.
- Texas Republic AG all but confessed that Trump would have lost Texas absent 2020 GOP suppression
- This is why Democrats must use GOP Governors abolishing unemployment as a betrayal to their citizens.
- Lost opportunity: Jen Psaki first fail; should’ve used the question to uplift the working class
- High School valedictorian canned approved speech and torched Republican TX Lege’s anti-choice bill.
- Democrats will win in a blowout in 2022. No history says otherwise. Jonathan Alter is right.
- Host: Americans ignorant of what happened. Professor: The American Myth busted.
- On Velshi: Roland Martin admonishes Democrats to get off their a$$es as GOP rigs 2022 Election.
- This is informative journalism: Ali Velshi torched Republicans with the inconvenient truth.
- A perfect example of valuing stuff with good fire protection vs. the inhumanity of our healthcare.
- Tulsa’s Mayor fails as Tiffany Cross and her panel make economic & moral cases for reparations.
- Rep. Matt Gaetz irresponsible call to action to the Right-Wing unstable using the 2nd Amendment
- Joe Biden scorches Republicans taking credit for Dem’s bill: Don’t get in the way of what we need to do!
- The reporter asked Jen Psaki a question he should’ve asked Republicans and she schooled him for it.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren slammed Chase CEO Jamie Dimon for fleecing customers during the pandemic.
- Jen Psaki ‘swings’ at reporter parroting GOP talking point Biden is in control of American Jobs Plan.
- Jen Psaki uses gas price rise & the poor gotcha question to ding GOP to highlight Biden policies
- A millennial’s plea to Boomers and older GenXers.