The Bernie Sanders surge is real and the mainstream media is covering it. The Trump team is working in a discipline methodical method. Wake up Left.
Can Bernie Sanders win it all?
If Americans decide that they want a transformational change in this economy that is harming millions, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, or Andrew Yang could win. The issue is that it will not be by standard means.
The vested interest of the Plutocracy will ensure that the media and many other forces handicap any candidate that put there laissez-faire modus operandi at risk.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Bernie Sanders and other progressives believe in this fight.
Defying Threat of Termination, 1,200 Florida Teachers Rally to Save Public Education
“Florida teachers are rallying for fair pay and better funding for schools, and they won’t be intimidated or undermined.”
More than 1,200 Florida teachers on Monday followed through on a pledge to stand up for their students and schools at a statewide rally in Tallahassee despite a threat from the state Department of Education which warned that the teachers were risking termination by attending the event.
Teachers in Polk County, Florida received an email Friday night from the state Department of Education (DOE) saying that attending the rally constitutes “an illegal strike under Florida law.” Teachers across the state have reportedly been saving up personal days for months to attend the action.
Former educator and columnist Peter Greene wrote in Forbes that Polk County school leaders should be “especially concerned about Florida’s churn and burn rate; they lose more than half of their new teachers within the first five years”—but its high turnover rate didn’t stop district officials from reportedly asking the state to warn teachers that “failure to report represents a lack of commitment and focus on what’s most important,” and that they could be fired as a result of attending the rally.
Termination threats had little effect on the 1,200 Polk County teachers who planned to travel nearly 300 miles to the state capital on Monday, the eve of the first day of Florida’s new legislative session.
“I don’t really have any fear that they’re going to follow through with the threats,” teacher Dr. Bruce Sabin told ABC Action News. “Our contract guarantees us the personal days as long as we follow the steps. When there’s hundreds of thousands of students in the state of Florida who don’t have full-time teachers as it is, they don’t need to be firing teachers.”
The teachers won the support of Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) over the weekend, who tweeted that educators won’t be “intimidated or undermined” while fighting for fair treatment for themselves and their students.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.
- The censure of Rashida Tlaib is an attack on our freedom to think and express ourselves critically.
- Netanyahu lies: Gaza before & after satellite pictures say it all about the destruction & carnage.
- Mehdi Hasan has a message to Democrats over Biden’s sinking polls: Calm down! Here is what to do!
- KUDOS to Rep Jayapal saying that challenging misdeeds by the Israeli government isn’t antisemitic.
- Stephanopoulos slams Scalise for CBO doubletalk on funding Israel vs IRS agents auditing tax cheats.
- What’s the connection between the onset of global warming & an increase in violent human behavior?
- What’s the latest, greatest, and greenest today in countertop materials, flooring, paint, and appliances?
- What are some ways to grow more food on less land, given population growth and less arable land?