Call: (646) 716-5812 – “Facebook LIVE” – Live stream: BlogTalkRadio (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: December 19th, 2019
LIKE our Facebook page, SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel and Become a Patron.
Impeaching Trump is just the start. Here is where we go from here. There is so much more to do and we will do move forward.
The suspense is over. Donald J. Trump is impeached. The question is, now what? Deflation is now the enemy that we have got to fight. .
It is unlikely that the Senate will remove Donald Trump from the office of the presidency. There are those who are not politically savvy, who do not stay informed, who are likely expecting something substantive to happen out of this impeachment. When the president is acquitted in the Senate, they will feel as if he got away with something unless we move the focus to why it is imperative that we elect a new president who is progressive.
Skyrocketing Private Insurance.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
‘This Is a Big Deal’: Goldman Sachs Rules Out Funding New Coal Projects, Arctic Oil Drilling
“The smart money on Wall Street is drawing red lines on oil and gas, and exiting coal.”
Goldman Sachs earned cautious praise from environmental advocacy groups Sunday after the bank announced it would not finance new Arctic oil drilling or exploration and ruled out funding new thermal coal mines and coal-fired power plant projects worldwide.
“This new policy from Goldman Sachs raises the bar for other U.S. banks if they want to be taken seriously on climate change,” said Jason Opeña Disterhoft, climate and energy senior campaigner at Rainforest Action Network (RAN).
… restrict tar sands oil financing, like these 18 banks: https://t.co/6PIP8ln17L (with #StopLine3 looming), rule out support for fracking and LNG (with the three Rio Grande Valley projects approaching FID, https://t.co/VQWuSk0YqR).— Jason Opeña Disterhoft (@jasondisterhoft) December 15, 2019
In its new energy policy Goldman said, in part:
We recognize that we have an impact on the environment through our operations, our investments, and the production and services we finance on behalf of our clients. As an institution that brings providers and users of capital together, we believe that capital markets can and should play an important role in addressing environmental challenges including climate change.
The commitment related to Arctic drilling and exploration, Goldman said, “includes but is not limited to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.” The Trump administration has pushed to open the previously protected area to fossil fuel exploration despite Indigenous opposition and threat of adverse ecological impacts.
“The Trump administration may not care about ignoring the will of the American people or trampling Indigenous rights, but a growing number of major financial institutions are making it clear that they do,” said Sierra Club campaign representative Ben Cushing. “Goldman Sachs is right to recognize that destroying the Arctic Refuge would be bad business.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Priorities USA chair Guy Cecil on Democrats: We create caricatures out of our voters.
- Michael Steele’s commentary on MAGA, Trump, and Carlson has better be understood.
- Banks prove our system is an unsustainable fraud. Homelessness is a product of our economic system.
- Rep. Jamie Raskin gave a slamming answer to Tucker Carlson’s fraudulent Jan 6 video.
- Ed Markey grills Norfolk Southern CEO Alan Shaw, who refused to say he’ll make East Palestine whole.
- Media Matters’ CEO & Jason Johnson gets it! Fox News is masquerading as news & GOP’s terror front.
- Mujer de Kingwood e hijos: víctimas del odio LGBTQ de bandidos vecindarios y la apatía policial
- Kingwood, Texas woman & her sons were victims of LGBTQ hate from neighborhood thugs & police apathy.
- Stop the false narrative. It was necessary, but it is a bailout.
- Medicare vs. Medicare Advantage: His story’s an example of why Traditional Medicare is the best choice.
- Rep. Jolanda Jones on TEA HISD takeover. Derailments persist as lobbyist work. Capitalism confidence.
- Katie Porter slams politicians who relaxed regulations that caused the Silicon Valley Bank collapse.
- Elizabeth Warren blames the Silicon Valley Bank crash on a superb failure of politicians and …
- Conservative operative destroys CPAC & MAGA: Professional Grassroots Huckster Wing of the GOP.
- Silicon Valley Bank bunch, they’re Libertarians till they need a government bailout, aka Socialism.
- Stop the false narrative. It was necessary, but it is a bailout. Is Big pharma getting scared?
- Shouldn’t the Silicon Valley Bank transaction be called a bailout?
- Another big bailout! CEER Houston Director Stefania Tomaskovic on Environmental Justice.
- Political Activist/Organizer, David Cobb, discusses why our society is at a dangerous tipping point
- Alex Wagner exposes the MAGA cell phone company as WOKE cell phone companies rebranded.