Dr. Mythili Ramakrishna Bhat represents a breed of doctors that want to make a difference. They use their knowledge of the system to call out the plutocratic crap.
It is always exciting to talk to millennials like Dr. Mythili Ramakrishna Bhat intent on making a difference.
Dr. Bhat’s disdain for the current healthcare system in the United States is palpable. Unlike most doctors who practice here, she has been a part of many systems and as such can address the healthcare issue experientially. She does not bite her tongue as she points out several ills in our system and its downright immorality.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Billionaire whose fortune built on prostituting his race is against progressives who’d help.
BET billionaire founder Robert Johnson did not have enough prostituting black people on his BET TV networks. He wants to ensure none of his billions is ever used to mitigate the harm he caused and the harm his class has caused to middle-class and poor Americans in the aggregate.
Before I get into the article that raised my ire let me first be clear. I do not need a review from any other corporate rag to understand what BET has always been. While it attempts to put a few programs of public interest on, it has always tailored to the lowest common denominator as opposed to the constancy of uplift and empowerment.
That is why I was surprised a few months ago when Robert L. Johnson had the gall to criticize BET since he told his own kids not to watch it. Of course, he made billions selling it to another corporation with continuity of the scourge.
“I don’t watch it. I suggest to my kids that they don’t watch it,” she said. “When we started BET, it was going to be the Ebony magazine on television. We had public affairs programming. We had news… I had a show called Teen Summit, we had a large variety of programming, but the problem is that then the video revolution started up… And then something started happening, and I didn’t like it at all. And I remember during those days we would sit up and watch these videos and decide which ones were going on and which ones were not. We got a lot of backlash from recording artists…and we had to start showing them. I didn’t like the way women were being portrayed in these videos.”
The Washington Post article “No current Democratic contender can beat Trump, billionaire BET founder says” shows a man completely detached from what afflicts the majority of America, and more so from the group, he emanated from and harmed.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Terrified atomic workers warn the COVID-19 pandemic threatens disaster
- How we can vote without killing ourselves — and ensure every vote counts!
- Will COVID-19 Unite or Divide Us? Improving Social Capital in The Age of Disease, Disinformation, and Distrust
- Texas woman calls COVID-19 a hoax. She is now dead from her willful ignorance.
- Chuck Todd excoriates Trump at the opening of Meet The Press on COVID-19 pandemic response.
- Republican on Trump: Mentally unraveling under COVID-19 pressure.
- How did corn become the dominant crop? Any environmental consequences?
- Taxpayers Paid Millions to Design a Low-Cost Ventilator for a Pandemic. Instead, the Company Is Selling Versions of It Overseas.
- His words clearly show Trump’s ‘war profiteering’ in full vogue.
- Professor points out the insanity and inhumanity of America’s unemployment system