They tried to beat Bernie Sanders by ignoring him. They found out that it was impossible to beat a real message especially one that is existential.
What most in the corporate media fail to understand is that it is less about Bernie Sanders and more about the policies Americans must ultimately have.
Ignoring Bernie Sanders changes nothing. Ultimately, Bernie Sanders proves one important tenet, staying true to policies that align with the needs of Americans can, should, and must ultimately win.
Skyrocketing Private Insurance.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
America’s Biggest Lie: We Can’t Afford Medicare for All
For too long we have allowed a false narrative on healthcare. This has allowed the plutocracy and its wards to frame Medicare for All as unaffordable.
Think about how much your income would go up if you didn’t have to pay for healthcare at all. That would begin to close the gap between productivity and wages for the first time in a generation.
by Les Leopold
Pundits and politicians repeatedly warn us that the country cannot afford costly social services. They caution about the perils of a rising national debt, the supposed near bankruptcy of Medicare and Social Security, and the need to sell public services to the highest bidder in order to save them. We must tighten our belts sooner or later, they tell us, rather than spend on social goods like universal health care, free higher education and badly needed infrastructure.
To many Americans this sounds all too true because they are having an incredibly tough time making ends meet. According to the Federal Reserve, “Four in 10 adults in 2017 would either borrow, sell something, or not be able pay if faced with a $400 emergency expense.” To those who are so highly stressed financially, the idea of paying for a costly program like Medicare for All sounds impossible.
We are the richest country in the history of the world, however, and certainly could afford vastly expanded and improved vital public services if we had the will. What stands in the way is runaway inequality. Our nation’s wealth has been hijacked by the super-rich, with plenty of aid from their paid-for politicians.
Over the past 40 years the top fraction of the top one percent have systematically denied working people the fruits of their enormous productivity. The results of this wage theft can be seen clearly in the chart below which tracks productivity (output per hour of labor) and average weekly wages (after accounting for inflation) of non-supervisory and production workers (about 85 percent of the workforce).
The red line shows the rise of American productivity since WWII. While not a perfect measurement of the power of our economy, it does capture our overall level of knowledge, technical skills, worker effort, management systems, and technology. Ever-rising productivity is the key to the wealth of nations.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- CBS’ The Activist pitting activists against each other begging for funds show this system’s cancer.
- Republicans are begging us to kill the filibuster. This is why we better listen.
- Jen Psaki skewers Peter Doocy over question: You think pregnant women are posing a big threat?
- 24-yr-old regrets following anti-vax nuts & advise all to get vaccinated. He is now dead!
- A graphic example of the unvaccinated causing the deaths of others indiscriminately.
- Here’s what you should know about the treatment of Haitian refugees on the border. Shocking!
- Journalist exposes lies & throws shade on MAGA protest: I did not hear anything rooted in reality.
- Indigenous activist: MAGA ralliers are just crash test dummies. Their politicians are the danger.
- Democrats, strategists: Listen to this organizer about leaning into our causes & values
- TX Rep. Jasmine Crockett identifies the most dangerous. It’s not the insurrectionists she fears.
- Jake Tapper completely destroys Mississippi Gov: With all due respect Governor, your way’s failing.
- Tiffany Cross schools ‘persecuted’ MAGA Treason Rally. We survived this act before & will again!
- Way to go, Biden. Many called him a neoliberal, but more progressive stuff seems to be coming out
- My thoughts on the 10-year anniversary of the Occupy Movement (Occupy Wall Street)
- Psaki lit into Fox News-like reporter. Florida won’t get larger share of antibodies. Get vaccinated
- Jen Psaki calls out Republican politicians attacking General Milley as insurrectionists.
- Hawaii Lt. Governor admonishes Red State Governors: You are killing your constituents.
- Rep. Connolly slammed ‘You Lie’ South Carolina Congressman then schooled Republicans on Afghanistan.
- This sentiment by Michael Moore on Joe Biden is one I hope more Progressives share
- Bernie Sanders to Joe Manchin on infrastructure: Two bills go together. We’re going to pass them both.