Have you heard of the Repo Market? If you haven’t then you should because some machinations may be signaling a bigger financial shock.
I hate to talk about this on Christmas Eve but I must as you should discuss your family & friends’ financial security in a civil matter for them to think about later.
My good friend, former Coffee Party USA colleague, and a strong Politics Done Right supporter sent me an email that knowing him, Tim Danahey, had an urgency. I have been following the story in the background and of course one of my KPFT listeners MOD has been bringing it up. When MOD, Tim, and Egberto intersect on a subject, I think it warrants a show.
“You need to cover this,” Tim Danahey said.
I replied right away, “I was just talking to a guy on air at KPFT about it but this article is boss. Will do it tomorrow.”
“Thanks. For all the Trump supporters citing the economy, how can you not have a vibrant economy with a trillion-dollar deficit?” Tim said. “Every person in America is paying $3000 a year to support this economy. A family of four is paying $12,000 a year to support this economy. A real leader guides a healthy economy that mildly swings between deficits and surpluses. Enough said. Have a wonderful Christmas. Terrible Tim.”
I post this dialogue to illustrate an important feature of Politics Done Right and Independent media. Your input counts. Our collective knowledge is so much more powerful than the corporate dictates that come via corporate media. This is one reason why your support is essential for us. We can only be funded by you.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is a listener-supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- S.O.S. *With Rigged Scanners, Trump Can Steal Florida—-and the Nation
- USA: This election, the choice is simple – hope or hatred
- Billy Graham’s granddaughter: I wish the Republicans would value life outside the womb more.
- EPIC! Two Republicans go at each other over Trump & GOP 10-year healthcare failure
- Steve Schmidt: This is all going down. The stench of defeat lingers all around this.
- MSNBC Hallie Jackson destroys Trump’s spokesman lying about voter fraud. This is how it is done.
- It’s sick, and it is evil: Chris Hayes & fmr. HHS Sec. on Trump’s herd immunity policy.
- Questions Senators failed to ask Supreme Court Justice nominee Amy Coney Barrett.
- Congressional candidate tamed a belligerent Trumpsters. And it ends well
- Your take on Trump now, Corruption Lady