Houston Activist Kandice Webber discusses her confrontation with Cory Booker on the national push to privatize public schools via charter schools.
Kandice Webber used the tribulations of the Houston Independent School district to make her case.
Kandice Webber has served the Houston area as a Registered Nurse for over 15 years. She is a Lead organizer for Black Lives Matter: Houston and co-founder of Houston Rising. Kandice is dedicated to fighting for the equality of Black women and believes education is the key to equity and success in the Black community. Her favorite thing to enjoy at brunch are mimosas.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
New Poll Finds Majority of Americans Across Political Spectrum Back Warren’s Ultra-Millionaire Tax
At rallies, the White House hopeful has criticized billionaires for their complaints about her plan to impose a two percent tax on wealth over $50 million.
New polling results released Friday find broad support for Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s proposed wealth tax, with Americans across most demographic groups backing her plan to impose an annual two percent tax on wealth over $50 million.
In her primary campaign for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, the Massachusetts Democrat has harshly criticized some of the wealthiest Americans for complaining about the tax, whose revenue she plans to use to pay for a universal childcare program, student debt forgiveness, and tuition-free public college.
Sixty-three percent of Americans support the wealth tax, including 77 percent of Democrats, more than half of Independent voters, and 57 percent of Republicans.
College-educated Republican men—who are more likely than people in other demographics to be affected by Warren’s wealth tax—were the only group in the New York Times/SurveyMonkey poll who reported disapproval of the plan, with 41 percent opposing it.
As the Times reported, such wide support for any tax hike plan is rare; just 45 percent of Americans backed President Donald Trump’s tax plan in 2017, whose benefits mainly went to corporations and the wealthy.
On social media, political observers called the diverse coalition of supporters for the plan “remarkable.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- What is the Degrowth movement all about and how can I get involved?
- Bragging McConnell & Hannity laugh at how he stopped Obama judge appointments
- Corporate Media using Labour Party defeat to smear progressives.
- Here’s a needed positive message that should be applied to so many issues.
- Make the stock market record highs and low unemployment Trump’s failure.
- Stock Market booming. Unemployment low. Yet there’s another sad reality for most.
- Watch Congressman callout MSNBC for fully airing Republican press conference of lies
- Finland is now led by women. And America is ready.
- Is it about self-government or just uniforms? Football anyone?
- Former GOP Strategist all but call Ted Cruz and Trump ‘s Republican defenders traitors (VIDEO)