Houston Activist Kandice Webber discusses her confrontation with Cory Booker on the national push to privatize public schools via charter schools.
Kandice Webber used the tribulations of the Houston Independent School district to make her case.
Kandice Webber has served the Houston area as a Registered Nurse for over 15 years. She is a Lead organizer for Black Lives Matter: Houston and co-founder of Houston Rising. Kandice is dedicated to fighting for the equality of Black women and believes education is the key to equity and success in the Black community. Her favorite thing to enjoy at brunch are mimosas.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
New Poll Finds Majority of Americans Across Political Spectrum Back Warren’s Ultra-Millionaire Tax
At rallies, the White House hopeful has criticized billionaires for their complaints about her plan to impose a two percent tax on wealth over $50 million.
New polling results released Friday find broad support for Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s proposed wealth tax, with Americans across most demographic groups backing her plan to impose an annual two percent tax on wealth over $50 million.
In her primary campaign for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, the Massachusetts Democrat has harshly criticized some of the wealthiest Americans for complaining about the tax, whose revenue she plans to use to pay for a universal childcare program, student debt forgiveness, and tuition-free public college.
Sixty-three percent of Americans support the wealth tax, including 77 percent of Democrats, more than half of Independent voters, and 57 percent of Republicans.
College-educated Republican men—who are more likely than people in other demographics to be affected by Warren’s wealth tax—were the only group in the New York Times/SurveyMonkey poll who reported disapproval of the plan, with 41 percent opposing it.
As the Times reported, such wide support for any tax hike plan is rare; just 45 percent of Americans backed President Donald Trump’s tax plan in 2017, whose benefits mainly went to corporations and the wealthy.
On social media, political observers called the diverse coalition of supporters for the plan “remarkable.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Analyst: Washington coverage is terrible It’s not hard to roll Democratic successes off like this.
- Exchange with a racist who thinks he isn’t as he slams The 1619 Project & hates Voting Rights bills
- Sen Maggie Hassan: Never imagined that today’s Republican Party would fail to stand up for Democracy
- Claire McCaskill admonishes Democrats for bad messaging. They will deserve McConnell if they lose
- Schumer & Klobuchar schools seemingly Right-Wing reporters on voter suppression & more
- My response to a listener on Biden & Democrats not leaning into their good policies
- Katie Porter explained Biden’s economic success better than any other Democrat
- Bill Kristol has good advice for what Democrats should not do if they want to win
- Voting rights activists slam Kyrsten Sinema for supporting antithesis to Democracy on Joy-Ann Reid
- Jim Clyburn defends Biden for calling out politicians who are effectively supporting Jim Crow 2.0.
- Mitch McConnell does not believe African Americans are Americans
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar all but called Joe Manchin a liar on filibuster stance as she slammed Republicans
- Ali Velshi – Economic reality check: The mainstream media distorted how good the economy really is.
- FIERY SPEECH: MLK III excoriated Sinema & Manchin for their voting rights filibuster hypocrisy
- They said no to Build Back Better but billions to these private businesses, Corporate Socialism?
- My response to a projecting listener who said Democrats are separatists from American culture & values
- Have this on the tip of your tongue to defend Biden’s economy from Right-Wing liars.
- CNBC’s Ron Insana dispels the misinformation about the economy under President Biden
- Kyrsten Sinema: Her willfully naive Senate floor speech vs. when she had common sense on GOP obstruction.
- Sinema says no! Sen. Chris Murphy warns on filibuster! Two Democrats facilitating Trump’s 2024 coup!