Houston Activist Kandice Webber discusses her confrontation with Cory Booker on the national push to privatize public schools via charter schools.
Kandice Webber used the tribulations of the Houston Independent School district to make her case.
Kandice Webber has served the Houston area as a Registered Nurse for over 15 years. She is a Lead organizer for Black Lives Matter: Houston and co-founder of Houston Rising. Kandice is dedicated to fighting for the equality of Black women and believes education is the key to equity and success in the Black community. Her favorite thing to enjoy at brunch are mimosas.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
New Poll Finds Majority of Americans Across Political Spectrum Back Warren’s Ultra-Millionaire Tax
At rallies, the White House hopeful has criticized billionaires for their complaints about her plan to impose a two percent tax on wealth over $50 million.
New polling results released Friday find broad support for Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s proposed wealth tax, with Americans across most demographic groups backing her plan to impose an annual two percent tax on wealth over $50 million.
In her primary campaign for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, the Massachusetts Democrat has harshly criticized some of the wealthiest Americans for complaining about the tax, whose revenue she plans to use to pay for a universal childcare program, student debt forgiveness, and tuition-free public college.
Sixty-three percent of Americans support the wealth tax, including 77 percent of Democrats, more than half of Independent voters, and 57 percent of Republicans.
College-educated Republican men—who are more likely than people in other demographics to be affected by Warren’s wealth tax—were the only group in the New York Times/SurveyMonkey poll who reported disapproval of the plan, with 41 percent opposing it.
As the Times reported, such wide support for any tax hike plan is rare; just 45 percent of Americans backed President Donald Trump’s tax plan in 2017, whose benefits mainly went to corporations and the wealthy.
On social media, political observers called the diverse coalition of supporters for the plan “remarkable.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Terrified atomic workers warn the COVID-19 pandemic threatens disaster
- How we can vote without killing ourselves — and ensure every vote counts!
- Will COVID-19 Unite or Divide Us? Improving Social Capital in The Age of Disease, Disinformation, and Distrust
- Texas woman calls COVID-19 a hoax. She is now dead from her willful ignorance.
- Chuck Todd excoriates Trump at the opening of Meet The Press on COVID-19 pandemic response.
- Republican on Trump: Mentally unraveling under COVID-19 pressure.
- How did corn become the dominant crop? Any environmental consequences?
- Taxpayers Paid Millions to Design a Low-Cost Ventilator for a Pandemic. Instead, the Company Is Selling Versions of It Overseas.
- His words clearly show Trump’s ‘war profiteering’ in full vogue.
- Professor points out the insanity and inhumanity of America’s unemployment system