When Democrats lose too often they are told it is because they are too Progressive or support too many policies that are on the fringe.
Americans have been indoctrinated into liking or disliking a policy based on some arbitrarily defined fringe.
It is important that we stop being hoodwinked. Our corporate mainstream media would have most believe that progressive ideas are on the fringe or unattainable. The thing is, that is not true. The plutocrats have the capital to invest in psychological profiling and narrative creation to convince Americans of what is possible or not. Worse, it has had them voting against their interests for decades.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
The super-rich are already in a panic over Elizabeth Warren’s tax plan
Every time someone tells you that Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s plan for a wealth tax is never going to happen, consider this: The ultra-wealthy people who would be hit by the tax are taking it very seriously. Not just seriously enough to try to torpedo Warren’s presidential run by trying to elevate yet another billionaire to compete with her. Not just seriously enough to whine to the media or threaten to support Trump over her. Seriously enough to be talking to their wealth managers about it.
“We’re definitely seeing an increase in people looking to take steps before the election,” one wealth manager told The Washington Post. “It comes up in every conversation, and it’s one of the first things we talk about.”
People with $50 million and more of wealth are actively looking at strategies to avoid paying a wealth tax, should Warren become president and get it passed. Because heaven forbid anyone be left with 2% less than the amount over $50 million they previously had. The horror!
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Chris Matthews belittles Bernie Sanders ascent in polls. Why?
- Trump to cut Social Security & Medicare in 2nd term ignoring his past promises?
- How Western Left Media Helped Legitimate US Regime Change in Venezuela
- 23 Headlines Obscure Biden’s Lies About Cutting Social Security
- Bernie, Biden, and My Father
- ‘Say it ain’t so’? GOP leaders say, ‘So?’
- Major doctor’s organization comes out in full support of Medicare for All.
- Our economic system, a new antiseptic form of slavery.
- Texas TV station: Trump & GOP liars on Preexisting Conditions. Surprising!
- Chuck Todd insults The Intercept & Progressives with backhanded slight.