Politics Done Right visited KPFT’s Conscious Mindset to discuss many current political issues. Plutocracy, Medicare for All, Capitalism, & Cuba. Greg Palast discusses Venezuela.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
A set of political issues was discussed at KPFT’s Conscious Mindset including capitalism.
We discussed many issues that are important right now including Medicare For All, capitalism, plutocracy, Cuba, and much more.
Greg Palast gave an excellent interview. Capitalism in Venezuela?
I am bombarded by Venezuelan messages from the Left and from the Right. There are aspects of both that are very true. But the ultimate question is that in a world where oil is the ultimate commodity, the fact that very little of that wealth made it to Venezuelan masses is disgraceful. Greg Palast lays it out. Capitalism?
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
“All right senator, I have no idea why a Fox News conspiracy, propaganda stuff is popping up here,” lamented Meet The Press host Chuck Todd on Sunday morning, trying to get a straight answer out of Republican Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson regarding Donald Trump’s widening Ukraine collusion scandal. “I have no idea why we’re going there.” Todd has hardly been alone in recent days as journalists gamely try to make sense of the increasingly nonsensical Republican defense of the besieged president.
Unlike other hallmark political scandals, where presidents caught in the crossfire do their best to spin the facts to their advantage and hope to win over voters with a coherent messaging war, Republicans are opting for a different route for Trump’s unfolding crisis. Taking their cues from Fox News, the entire Trump defense is now based on wholesale lies and rattled conspiracy theories. That poses a key question: How can America have a national debate about impeachment if one side has been willingly brainwashed by Fox News? And that includes Trump himself.
Note that last week a Monmouth University poll revealed that six in 10 self-identified Republicans don’t believe that Trump mentioned Joe Biden during Trump’s infamous call with Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky, when Trump demanded the foreign power dig up dirt on a political foe. Think about it: More than half of Republicans think Trump never mentioned Biden, even though Trump has publicly acknowledged mentioning Biden on the phone, and actually bragged about it.
“This seems to be another example of partisan tribalism at work in public opinion,” Patrick Murray, director of the independent Monmouth University Polling Institute, told USA Today. Instead of tribalism though, I’d call it Fox News brainwashing.
That’s not a term usually used when discussing mainstream American politics. But as the conservative movement becomes increasingly radicalized, using the media to brainwash its followers has become a key part of the calculation, and the political implications are enormous. We’re seeing that now with Trump’s impeachment scandal.
This is what happens when Fox News and the entire right-wing media echo chamber shift into disinformation and damage-control mode, and just lie relentlessly about the Ukraine scandal: They lie about stuff that even Trump has admitted to doing. It’s just one part of the corrosive Fox News effect that’s coming into view during the impeachment scandal. Objective truth has been replaced with pure fantasy, and facts have become worthless. [More]
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Senator explains how filibuster gives 24% of Americans veto power over what a 76% majority wants
- Rep. Liz Cheney slams GOP, Kevin McCarthy, & Jim Jordan for not voting for Bannon’s contempt.
- Republican Operative to Democrats: SPINE UP — an unpunished coup is a training exercise
- BINGO! This is how Progressives must talk about the Build Back Better price tag Dems, watch & learn
- Republican pundit scare tactic: Wage increases are inflationary. Hey, what about profit increases?
- Republican Liz Cheney destroys her Party as she votes to punish Steve Bannon’s refusal to testify
- Former Secretary of State, General Colin Powell died this morning
- Buttigieg schools Chuck Todd: Private sector made supply chain fiasco. Biden not waiting on market.
- Workers now have the upper hand. And that is the way it should be going forward.
- Joe Biden disregards unhinged unemployment report MSM GOP narrative
- Republicans urging Republicans to vote Democratic in 2022 and 2024
- Biden official dispels the hysteria of the IRS looking at your every transaction. It’s false.
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Texas administrator heard forcing teachers to teach alternative history to students.
- Fareed Zakaria: Why Build Back Better and not tariffs is better for the American worker.
- The other BIG LIE: General uses GPS Fareed Zakaria to scare Americans to increase defense spending.
- Semi-DINO Manchin complains about Schumer justifiably slamming GOP debt ceiling hostage-taking.
- Watch Joe Biden disregard the unhinged unemployment report mainstream media GOP negative narrative
- The message about Van Jones, Carlos Watson, & Sage Steele only Tiffany Cross had the ovaries to say
- Bernie Sanders goes ballistic on Joe Manchin: Stop holding Prez, 48 Senators, & Americans hostage.
- MSNBC Host slams Republican Senator: I hear you acknowledge the hypocrisy of your party (The Republican Party).