Maysoon Zayid visited with us to discuss her bold views on Palestine, disability rights and much more. Her new Audiobook “Find Another Dream” is ready for all to hear.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Actress and Comedian Maysoon Zayid did not disappoint with her frank in your face commentary.
“Find Another Dream” is the Maysoon Zayid heavily self-centered comedic memoir. Zayid takes the audience on her crooked journey from being born to immigrant parents in the great state of New Jersey to tap-dancing on Broadway. The book explores scenes of disability, living with Cerebral Palsy, bullying, love, loss, and bigotry all told through the lens of comedy. If your dream turns into a nightmare, find another dream.
On October 18th, Jane Fonda presented Maysoon Zayid with an award at the Women’s Media Awards along with Gayle King, Julie K. Brown and Zerlina Maxwell in NYC.
Maysoon can currently be seen on ABC’s General Hospital. She is known to most as a full-time contributor on Keith Olberman’s show Countdown. She has appeared on 60 Minutes, 20/20, CNN, ABC News, and Al Jazeera, often talking about comedy, bullying, Islam, comedy, disability, and pop culture.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Sanders Campaign Calls on Biden—and All 2020 Democrats—to Reject Any Help From Shadowy Super PACs
Reporting on Thursday morning by CNN that allies of Joe Biden’s bid for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination are pushing for the creation of a new super PAC to promote his candidacy prompted a cutting response from the Bernie Sanders campaign, which is funded almost entirely by small-dollar donors.
“Let’s be clear,” Sanders campaign manager Faiz Shakir said in a statement Thursday, “super PACs exist for one reason and one reason only: to help billionaires and corporations bankroll a presidential campaign with unlimited amounts of money, in exchange for favors.”
Shakir called for Biden and all the Democrats in the primary to reject super PACs.
“Every Democratic candidate should forcefully reject any help from super PACs,” said Shakir, “and they should tell their supporters and surrogates to stop engaging with super PACs that aim to buy elections and undermine our democracy.”
As numbers from the third quarter show, Biden has struggled to raise money in recent months and has less than $9 million cash on hand—an amount dwarfed by Sanders’ $33.7 million warchest. That deficit, reports CNN, has some of the former vice president’s supporters looking to start a super PAC to prop up the campaign, despite Biden’s pledge not to work with such a committee.
“Biden allies are pushing for a super PAC so that a few millionaires and billionaires can have MORE influence in the Democratic primary,” tweeted journalist Krystal Ball.
According to CNN, 38% of Biden’s support comes from maxed out donors who have already hit the legal limit on donations to help the former vice president’s campaign.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- I think this Conservative caller to my radio show is a canary in the coal mine.
- Buttigieg TEA Party meeting is positive. It’s his centrism that’s fatal to middle-class
- Which Would You Prefer―Nuclear War or Climate Catastrophe?
- The inhumane side of our immigration policy seldom spoken about.
- If another president did (even one of) these things
- National Organization for Women fireside chat with activists in Houston prior to immigration rally.
- Chuck Todd implies Obama’s statement means Democrats want more small ‘C’ conservative.
- NOW: Houston Rally Amplifies Voices of Women and Girls Detained in Immigration Prisons
- President Obama is wrong. Progressives are the ones rooted in the reality of middle-class & poor Americans.
- This interview with a real Conservative Republican shows there’s hope after fever breaks.