Jeff Bezos’ latest move shows exactly why Americans must never trust private or employer health insurance. It is no more than another profit center.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Jeff Bezos continues the path of health insurance betrayal by the corporatocracy.
American health insurance continues to be in shambles. Unfortunately, until Americans elect a Progressive President and Congress it will remain a major wealth transfer mechanism for the few. In other words, it is a sure profit center that is not going away for the wealthy without a fight. It is essential that we fight.
Today is Tamara’s Wednesday. As usual, she visits us every other week with a topic of her choice. We like to change things up. Visit with her at Tamara for Georgia.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Study: After improving, U.S. air quality has deteriorated since 2016
An analysis of Environmental Protection Agency data done by two economists at Carnegie Mellon University reveals that, while the U.S. saw an improvement in air quality between 2009 and 2016, that positive movement has reversed since 2016. CBS News reports that the researchers, Karen Clay and Nicholas Muller, “found that particulate matter air pollution fell 24% in the U.S. from 2009 to 2016, but it increased 5.5% the following two years.” I wonder if there are any conclusions we could draw from that information?
According to the researchers, the worsening of air quality is due to three factors: the continuing increases in our economic activity—meaning more cars and trucks on the road; the uptick in recent years of wildfires across the western states; and last but by no means least, the reduction in Clean Air Act “enforcement actions.” Clay says that around 9,700 premature deaths in 2018 were associated with deteriorating air conditions.
You would think that, given the choice between someone who is going to poison the air we breathe versus someone who promises to work to make that air cleaner, most people would choose the latter. Unfortunately, a lot of people voted for Donald Trump, and around 30-something percent of those people would attach tailpipes to their mouths if he told them to, it seems.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- I think this Conservative caller to my radio show is a canary in the coal mine.
- Buttigieg TEA Party meeting is positive. It’s his centrism that’s fatal to middle-class
- Which Would You Prefer―Nuclear War or Climate Catastrophe?
- The inhumane side of our immigration policy seldom spoken about.
- If another president did (even one of) these things
- National Organization for Women fireside chat with activists in Houston prior to immigration rally.
- Chuck Todd implies Obama’s statement means Democrats want more small ‘C’ conservative.
- NOW: Houston Rally Amplifies Voices of Women and Girls Detained in Immigration Prisons
- President Obama is wrong. Progressives are the ones rooted in the reality of middle-class & poor Americans.
- This interview with a real Conservative Republican shows there’s hope after fever breaks.