Greg Palast did not hold back as he pointed out how deep the voter suppression problem is in the United States. Most importantly Trump did not win the Electoral College.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Greg Palast provided a hell of a lesson in the lengths Republicans go through to steal elections as well as Democratic acquiescence.
This is an important interview that every American must watch. While we try to preach to other countries about the sanctity of the vote and Democracy, we have a party that constantly uses racism and poverty to institute a very nasty and well-orchestrated form of voter suppression.
Greg Palast’s book “The Best Democracy Money Can Buy: A Tale of Billionaires & Ballot Bandits” is a must-read. The book hit the nail on the head. Greg has subsequently released the well-regarded most recent update of the book in the movie “The Best Democracy Money Can Buy: The Case of the Stolen Election” which is a must-watch. Greg has short versions of his film available if you want to feature it for discussions at book clubs or other gatherings. Contact his organization at GregPalast.com to find out more. The Palast team is serious about informing us all about voter suppression and how it is stealing elections throughout the country. We must all be a part of the solution.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
On Wednesday morning, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff held a press conference to recap the current standing of events in the impeachment inquiry into Donald Trump and discuss where things are going in the near future. Pelosi began by pointing out that the House has advanced bills on issues such as prescription drugs that are still being stalled by Trump and Mitch McConnell. Schiff followed up by listing the actions that the House has taken to date—including hearings that have already taken place, those scheduled in the near future, and the scope of items under consideration. But it was in the question-and-answer session that both Schiff and Pelosi became more forceful about the situation, and in particular about actions taken by both Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to obstruct an impeachment inquiry.
In questioning, Schiff hammered both the actions that Pompeo has taken in an attempt to block the testimony of State Department officials, and the moves made by Trump to threaten the identity—and life—of the whistleblower. Schiff was explicit in saying that Trump’s repeated messaging that he wants to know the identity of the whistleblower, his comparison of the whistleblower to a spy, and his talk about how to handle spies are an explicit incitement to violence. Trump’s words aren’t just threatening the Constitution and the oversight role of Congress. They’re threatening lives.
“The president wants to make this all about the whistleblower and suggest people that come forward with evidence of his wrongdoing are treasonous and should be treated as traitors and spies,” said Schiff. “This is a blatant effort to intimidate witnesses.”
Schiff noted that when the Constitution was written, the concerns over problems that could arise with executive power were exactly in the area where this inquiry falls. “If this conduct doesn’t rise to the level of a concern the founders had,” said Schiff, “what conduct does?”
Pelosi said that the area of this inquiry was right “in her wheelhouse,” since before she became speaker of the House, she had been the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee. She agreed with Schiff about both the nature and the seriousness of the crimes under investigation. And she supported the need for congressional action to require that testimony be heard and documents turned over with alacrity. The founders, said Pelosi, “put guardrails in the Constitution” because they knew there was the potential for the misuse of executive power. “They never thought there would be someone who would kick those guardrails over.” [More]
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Rep. Jayapal obliterates CNN’s Bash attempt to carry a ‘Hierarchy of Oppression’ Israeli narrative.
- Netanyahu defies Biden: He boasted about controlling US and going against US for ground invasion.
- GOP Staffer: Everybody should vote for Joe Biden if they want our Democracy to survive.
- Explanation of Medicare and why Medicare Advantage is a SCAM on all taxpayers.
- SAD: Family finds out that America may be just as violent & dangerous as Gaza.
- Chris Hayes points out some economic truths about inflation and more. Ignore the GOP narrative.
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.
- The censure of Rashida Tlaib is an attack on our freedom to think and express ourselves critically.
- Netanyahu lies: Gaza before & after satellite pictures say it all about the destruction & carnage.