Not all believe a Trump impeachment is anything major. Eleanor Goldfield has a compelling view that’ll inform. Who are the badasses on Trump’s impeachment?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Eleanor Goldfield’s views on Trump’s impeachment are different than most as she understands America’s problems as systemic.
Every so often I like to hear from one of my favorite activists, Eleanor Goldfield, about her thoughts on the current events. Today we discuss not only Trump’s impeachment but Medicare for All, student debt, Israel, complete systemic change, Venezuela, and much more. She illustrates that our media is feeble and lacking. Absent the independent media that cover topics away from the daily looping the reel, there would be little for most.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
After Secretary of State Mike Pompeo spent his Sunday show time insisting that he hadn’t seen the whistleblower complaint on the contents of Donald Trumps call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and so therefore could not possibly comment on the unfolding scandal, we soon learned that the ex-House Republican was in fact listening in on that very phone call when it was made. Pompeo intentionally misled the public about his actions and his involvement; in his previous life as Benghazi! conspiracy fanatic, such behavior from a public official was unacceptable to him, criminal, a conspiracy, and so forth. Now that he’s one of Trump’s right-hand men, lying to the press and the public counts as just another weekday.
The Washington Post, which continues to run circles around The New York Times in reporting on the widespread crookedness of the Trump inner circle, puts this in its proper context. It is not that a panicked Pompeo was momentarily at a loss for what to say: Trump’s top officials have an extensive history of lying outright to the public.
From former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen’s denials of an ongoing Trump family separation policy to former Attorney General Jeff Session accidentally “forgetting” meetings with a Russian official to now-Attorney General William Barr’s [sweeping hand gesture here] to Vice President Mike Pence regularly making claims that turn out, oopsie-doopsie, to be inoperative, the conservative White House’s top ranks have misled the public repeatedly, and incessantly, since the first days of the administration. It is a direct result of the Republican adoption of Trump’s own strategy of simply lying outright to make an uncomfortable fact or scandal go away; that, or Trump and his top strategists have a master eye for plucking out and elevating the most dishonest Republican voices. Or both. [More]
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Proposals to Ease Covid’s Blow on the Hardest Hit All but Ignored by Corporate Media
- Millennial torches Michael Steele on Trump: “I don’t miss normal” and all he could do is agree.
- Did seeing a knee on a neck reflected from their mirror so embarrassed Americans as to defeat Steve King?
- Facts do not need your agreement
- Let’s keep our eyes on the ball in these difficult times.
- Trump’s promotion of violence and totalitarianism is nothing new.
- Mainstream media correspondent fed up, calls out racism live
- MSNBC host shocked by stats: Black men’s death-by-cop greater than winning Scratch-Offs.
- These are protests. They want to frame it differently to maintain the antiseptic enslavement of us all. READ!
- Fox News slam does not stop Ali Velshi from calling out cops and context-appropriate reporting.