Economist Dr. Dean Baker details why Senator Elizabeth Warren is correct in the manner in which she addresses the question about tax increases with Medicare for All.
Economist Dr. Dean Baker sides with Elizabeth Warren on Medicare for All
Who is Dr. Dean Baker? He co-founded the Center for Economic And Policy Research (CEPR) in 1999. His areas of research include housing and macroeconomics, intellectual property, Social Security, Medicare, and European labor markets. His blog, “Beat the Press,” provides commentary on economic reporting. He received his B.A. from Swarthmore College and his Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Michigan. His analyses have appeared in many major publications, including The Atlantic Monthly, the Washington Post, the London Financial Times, and the New York Daily News. He received his Ph.D. in economics from the University of Michigan.
Dean has written several books that are worth reading.
- Rigged: How Globalization and the Rules of the Modern Economy Were Structured to Make the Rich Richer.
- Getting Back to Full Employment: A Better Bargain for Working People.
- The End of Loser Liberalism: Making Markets Progressive.
- Taking Economics Seriously
- False Profits: Recovering from the Bubble Economy
- Plunder and Blunder: The Rise and Fall of the Bubble Economy
- Thinking Big: Progressive Ideas for a New Era
- The United States Since 1980
- The Conservative Nanny State: How the Wealthy Use the Government to Stay Rich and Get Richer
- Getting Prices Right: The Debate Over the Consumer Price Index