The warriors for Medicare for All do not allow themselves downtime for illness. They know it is existential and that people must personalize it. Danny Fetonte is today’s M4A hero.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Danny Fetonte like Bernie Sanders could not wait to promote Medicare for All even as they recovered from illness.
I got a shocking email from a friend of mine. He lost his arm to liposarcoma. What was amazing in the article was his immediate turn to being the explainer in chief to his doctors, nurses, and patients about Medicare For All and much more.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
The Plot Against Medicare for All
The political establishment rediscovers the benefit of Red-baiting and xenophobia to preserve the health care industry’s buckrakers.
Last week, at a huge and frightening retirement community in Florida known as The Villages, Donald Trump promised to protect seniors from two of the most menacing monsters lurking under their beds: Immigrants and socialism. You would think it might get boring, blaming everything on foreigners and commies, but its political utility is tried and true. Signing an executive order—which did not mention immigrants at all—before the assembled, Trump promised that he “will never allow these politicians to steal your health care and give it away to illegal aliens.” Democrats, he said, “want to raid Medicare to fund a thing called socialism.” Into this category he placed both single-payer health care alongside the “so-called public option.” Nevermind the fact that the latter policy bears as much relation to socialism as Trump does to a rose petal.
As hoary as the old-timey Red-baiting might seem, this executive order, and the rhetoric Trump deployed to promote it, is a distillation of his administration’s strategy to defeat the movement for single-payer. By pitting Americans against immigrants, and by telling seniors their Medicare would be under threat, Trump is banking on division and discord as a way to defeat a plan that would actually be beneficial for everyone except the very wealthiest. If Americans could realize the benefits of single-payer health care, and discover how different a life free from the worry of crippling health care debt could be, Republicans would not be able to persist in their promotion of the grim, race-to-the-bottom status quo. If this fight were fought on the merits and the facts, Trump would have no hope. [More]
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Is GOP Senator implying a large number of Republican COVID Relief Bill supporters are freeloaders?
- Jen Psaki squashes mainstream media pushing the Republican narrative on the COVID Relief Bill.
- Rahm Emanuel slams Christie on Republican racism: You will not lecture me on anti-Semitism
- GOP Sen. says COVID relief bill’s a Trojan Horse. [LOL] Who always has to clean up their mess again?
- How are bee population numbers doing these days?
- Republicans said $2.3 trillion for wealthy’s OK but $1.9 trillion for you It’s too much. READ THIS!
- Arrested! Offense? Walking while black, an indignity by cops who too often are more foe than friend.
- Fmr. FBI Asst. Director: Religion or skin color needed to change to increase FBI security posture
- Civil War in the Republican Party looks like this; Liz Cheney against an army of feeble men.
- Will Texas electric grid catastrophe end post-Reagan failed economics? I don’t like Krugman’s answer
- Challenge the Texas Electric Grid catastrophe false premises with friend or foe.
- Governing? Or deflecting it down the fairway?
- Texas Republicans lied & fled, State & National Dems led. And no false equivalence reported!
- Dana Bash rips Texas Rep: Texas begging for federal help when it’s in a mess for its “independence.”
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez visits Houston in wake of historic Texas winter storm
- Republican deregulation in Texas: Woman gets $6,000 bill during the winter freeze.
- Is there scientific basis to that global warming is affecting our ability to make decisions and lowering our collective intelligence?
- Should rivers be given the same legal rights as people in order to protect
- What is the “Field of Dreams” ecology restoration theory?
- STRIKE 3: Ted Cruz, Greg Abbott, failed Texas Electric grid Nail in coffin for Texas CONSERVATISM.