Politics Done Right interviewed Dr. Matt Grossman about his new book Red State Blues. It will give both Progressives and Conservatives a pause as it shows control of any state is not as effective as one thinks.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Matt Grossman visits with us to discuss his most apropos book Red State Blues.
Before we got into the meat of Grossman’s book, we discussed the breaking news about Trump’s potential impeachment. Both Conservative and Progressives will get a lot out of this book. It is a read I enjoyed. While I think the author is more objective than necessary, it likely lends him more credibility on all sides.
Matt Grossmann is the director of the Institute for Public Policy and Social Research and Associate Professor of Political Science at Michigan State University as well as Senior Fellow at the Niskanen Center. He is a regular contributor to FiveThirtyEight, he has published analysis in The New York Times, The Washington Post, and Politico and hosts the Science of Politics podcast. He is the author of Asymmetric Politics (with David Hopkins), Red State Blues, The Not-So-Special Interests, Artists of the Possible, and Campaigns & Elections as well as dozens of journal articles.
And of course, today is Tamara Shealey’s Wednesday. What does she have in store for us today? We will find out shortly.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
In a blistering new joint statement, House committee chairmen Adam Schiff, Jerrold Nadler, Elijah Cummings, and Eliot Engle are calling Donald Trump’s July call with the Ukrainian president an “unambiguous, damning, and shocking abuse of the Office of the Presidency for personal political gain.”
This is a clear breach of trust placed in the President to faithfully execute the laws and to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution.
The record of the call released by the White House confirms our worst fears: that the President abused his office by directly and repeatedly asking a foreign country to investigate his political rival and open investigations meant to help the President politically. Not once, not twice, but more than half a dozen times during one telephone call. This was a shakedown. The President of the United States asked for a ‘favor’ after the Ukrainian President expressed his country’s need for weapons to defend against Russian aggression. The transcript also shows that the President promised follow-up by Attorney General William Barr or the President’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani at least nine times.
It now seems inevitable that the House will vote to send articles of impeachment to the U.S. Senate. It also seems almost certain that Trump Attorney General William Barr will now face impeachment proceedings as well—possibly launched before the end of the week. The evidence of Trump’s betrayal of his office is irrefutable. [More]
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Rep. Jayapal obliterates CNN’s Bash attempt to carry a ‘Hierarchy of Oppression’ Israeli narrative.
- Netanyahu defies Biden: He boasted about controlling US and going against US for ground invasion.
- GOP Staffer: Everybody should vote for Joe Biden if they want our Democracy to survive.
- Explanation of Medicare and why Medicare Advantage is a SCAM on all taxpayers.
- SAD: Family finds out that America may be just as violent & dangerous as Gaza.
- Chris Hayes points out some economic truths about inflation and more. Ignore the GOP narrative.
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.
- The censure of Rashida Tlaib is an attack on our freedom to think and express ourselves critically.
- Netanyahu lies: Gaza before & after satellite pictures say it all about the destruction & carnage.