Today we discuss what we believe should be talked about at the Democratic Debate. We don’t need inter-fights but what one is going to do.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
We do not need fights at the Democratic Debate
Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are the two candidates towing the most Progressive message. They are not having a recent come-to-Jesus moment. They have been preaching middle-class centric messages for a long time. They must use national platforms to educate, inform, and persuade.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
DailyKos: Supreme Court decision letting asylum ban continue will be ‘death sentence for many,’ advocates warn
Legal experts and immigrant rights advocates say that the Supreme Court’s decision allowing the Trump administration to, for now, continue blocking protections for vulnerable people and families who cross through Mexico effectively ends the U.S. asylum system at the southern border and will be a matter of life or death for hundreds of thousands, not just from the Americas, but around the world.
On Monday, a federal judge blocked Asylum Ban 2.0 nationwide, a decision that was then partially undone by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals the next day. Then one day after that, on Wednesday, the Supreme Court lifted the hold altogether as the case around the ban proceeds. “While a final decision on the asylum ban regulation is still months away,” said Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota, “this decision will be a death sentence for many of the vulnerable asylum seekers now seeking safety.”
The group said that among the asylum-seekers who will now be blocked include Venezuelans fleeing the Maduro regime, as well as Central Americans fleeing gang violence and persecution. Also affected are “Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Chinese, and others who may be religious/ethnic minorities being persecuted, since many of them have increasingly come to the border through Mexico,” tweeted immigration reporter Tanvi Misra.
The Supreme Court’s decision, said La Unión del Pueblo Entero, “will push asylum seekers desperate for protection to cross into the U.S. through dangerous wilderness and swift currents, instead of doing so safely at ports of entry. Many will die or disappear in the process.” The group cites the tragic drowning deaths of Óscar Alberto Martínez Ramírez and his baby, Valeria, in June. “Desperation drove them to cross through the river after being refused at a port of entry,” said LUPE leader Juanita Valdez-Cox
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Moderna COVID Vaccine hike is evil. Why Memphis acted so fast on Nichols’ murder? Neoliberalism.
- Eddie Glaude on why Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene may be smart as a fox.
- A combative Chuck Todd destroys Trump’s lapdog Jim Jordan point by point on investigation charades.
- My important rant on why Medicare Advantage must end. We must enhance Standard Medicare now.
- Elizabeth Warren calls out Republicans’ attempt to cut Social Security/Medicare and hike taxes.
- This is why the Medicare Advantage scam will be difficult but very important to solve.
- The Republican Party is dead. They don’t know it yet. Dowd explains they’re the know-nothing party
- GOP war on women’s reproductive rights: From a national ban to the absurdity equating women to cows
- Biden’s partial Supreme Court neuter. Debt ceiling highlights tax fraud. Another mass shooting.
- WOW! Senator Manchin says that he agrees with Bernie Sanders on Social Security. REALLY!
- Biden White House to work on filling court vacancies to neutralize rogue Supreme Court
- It turns out Joe Biden’s transition team was preparing for a coup from the unpatriotic president.
- Southwest airlines chose profits over employees and infrastructure, a huge private sector failure.
- Big Pharma continues to fail us. We, the people, innovate as they simulate and rip us off.
- CNN’s Victor Blackwell Nails GOP’s Byron Donalds for his George Santos & Debt Ceiling Hypocrisy.
- Mehdi Hasan exposes that the voter fraud Republicans lie about is themselves looking in a mirror.
- A frank conversation with a white former police officer admitting the job made him more prejudiced.
- Corporations win irrespective of party: Prosecutions for malfeasance down. Unionization down
- GOP Politicians wrap themselves in the flag of patriotism. Progressives like Gov. Wes Moore execute.
- Senator Sinema & Manchin inflame Progressives with a statement on the filibuster in Davos.