Today we discuss what we believe should be talked about at the Democratic Debate. We don’t need inter-fights but what one is going to do.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
We do not need fights at the Democratic Debate
Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are the two candidates towing the most Progressive message. They are not having a recent come-to-Jesus moment. They have been preaching middle-class centric messages for a long time. They must use national platforms to educate, inform, and persuade.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
DailyKos: Supreme Court decision letting asylum ban continue will be ‘death sentence for many,’ advocates warn
Legal experts and immigrant rights advocates say that the Supreme Court’s decision allowing the Trump administration to, for now, continue blocking protections for vulnerable people and families who cross through Mexico effectively ends the U.S. asylum system at the southern border and will be a matter of life or death for hundreds of thousands, not just from the Americas, but around the world.
On Monday, a federal judge blocked Asylum Ban 2.0 nationwide, a decision that was then partially undone by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals the next day. Then one day after that, on Wednesday, the Supreme Court lifted the hold altogether as the case around the ban proceeds. “While a final decision on the asylum ban regulation is still months away,” said Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota, “this decision will be a death sentence for many of the vulnerable asylum seekers now seeking safety.”
The group said that among the asylum-seekers who will now be blocked include Venezuelans fleeing the Maduro regime, as well as Central Americans fleeing gang violence and persecution. Also affected are “Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Chinese, and others who may be religious/ethnic minorities being persecuted, since many of them have increasingly come to the border through Mexico,” tweeted immigration reporter Tanvi Misra.
The Supreme Court’s decision, said La Unión del Pueblo Entero, “will push asylum seekers desperate for protection to cross into the U.S. through dangerous wilderness and swift currents, instead of doing so safely at ports of entry. Many will die or disappear in the process.” The group cites the tragic drowning deaths of Óscar Alberto Martínez Ramírez and his baby, Valeria, in June. “Desperation drove them to cross through the river after being refused at a port of entry,” said LUPE leader Juanita Valdez-Cox
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Elizabeth Warren has a message to Democrats seeking the mythical center.
- Princeton Professor on Obama-Buttigieg policies beyond identity “Same ol’, same ol'”
- What is the Degrowth movement all about and how can I get involved?
- Bragging McConnell & Hannity laugh at how he stopped Obama judge appointments
- Corporate Media using Labour Party defeat to smear progressives.
- Here’s a needed positive message that should be applied to so many issues.
- Make the stock market record highs and low unemployment Trump’s failure.
- Stock Market booming. Unemployment low. Yet there’s another sad reality for most.
- Watch Congressman callout MSNBC for fully airing Republican press conference of lies
- Finland is now led by women. And America is ready.