Today we had a short Labor Day program that turned out longer than intended. We discussed Democratic candidates and Plutocracy’s race con.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
We intended on a short Labor Day show that our listeners extended. It is your program.
We had a very substantive program today. What is interesting is that there was absolutely no preparation. In fact, the reason I came on is that I forgot to post that there would be no Labor Day show today. My failure to do that forced an impromptu show directed by you. I followed the lead and discussed the subject you wanted discussed.
After I discussed having some modicum of civility among the supporters of different Progressive candidates, it was suggested that I cover a blog I posted today titled, “My friend’s review of “Dying of Whiteness” saddened me then gave me hope.” Of course, I obliged.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
DailyKos: Doctors, advocates call USCIS decision to end deportation relief for sick people a ‘death sentence’
Maria Isabel Bueso’s invitation to participate in a clinical trial when she was just seven years old has helped saved lives, including her own: The medication approved by the Food and Drug Administration as a result of that clinical trial has helped increased survival for others with her rare genetic disease by more than a decade. Nearly two decades after that trial, the U.S. is now telling her that she must leave the country within 33 days.
She’s among the patients who have been told by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that their medical deferred action, which gave them renewable relief from deportation while they received medical treatment for oftentimes life-threatening conditions, is ending. Cancer, cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis—it doesn’t matter. The administration is now telling them to get the hell out.
Bueso’s mom, attorney, and doctor all agree that the Trump administration’s decision is a “death sentence” for her and others. “Neither the drug nor the medical care that she requires is available in Guatemala,” The New York Times reports. “Without the drug, her health is expected to quickly deteriorate. Her breathing could become belabored; she could suffer cardiac arrest and become susceptible to infections.”
In another instance, 16-year-old Jonathan has been successfully undergoing treatment for cystic fibrosis for three years now. “Jonathan missed two years of school in Honduras because of his illness,” MassLive reported, but “in Boston, he has resumed school and gotten help from a tutor when he’s too sick to go to class.” Jonathan already lost his older sister, Samantha, to the same disease. Now this family fears he could be next. This is absolutely a death sentence.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Frank Schaeffer unmasks Evangelical con artists. Evangelicals are you listening?
- NO! Warren, Bernie, and Democrats are not YOUR Communists.
- Amazon, another corporation whose evil shows why “we the people” must enact Medicare for All & more.
- Castro’s “cheap shot?” Biden’s racist scoff at black panelist disqualifying.
- Patricia Esteves has a project attempting to unite the country as one.
- Nina Turner, co-chair of the Bernie Sanders campaign makes the case for Bernie
- Elizabeth Warren & Bernie Sanders: Use the debate to educate & persuade Americans directly.
- Employer-provided healthcare or lack thereof a better deal than when workers were slaves
- Immigrant realizes that slaves had something most Americans want
- Medicare for All would save this caller who cannot afford to use his Obamacare