Today we discuss an incompetent GOP which is by design. Will an unelectable Donald Trump present a new danger from the Plutocracy for Progressives?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The willful incompetence of the GOP cedes we-the-people’s power to the plutocracy. Empower Progressives.
It is very sad that because of the willful incompetence of the Republican Party that the strength of corporations is further enhanced. After all, Walmart is saying since the government will not lead we, an unelected part of our society will act.
Bad government is what society gets when we elect a party who is anathema to governing, a party that does not believe in government. It is the reason why it is essential that Progressives take complete control of the federal and state governments.
President Trump is now looking very vulnerable. As was said by a pundit on MSNBC recently, many Democrats believe that they could put up an edible fruit basket against the president and win.
But does an electable Trump create a problem for Progressives and their candidates? It is something we should explore. With faux Progressives like Michael Bennet and John Delaney staying in the race, we must be careful. They know they can’t win, but they may be used to corrupt truth and the Progressive narrative. They do not have a snowball chance in hell of winning, yet they remain in the race likely funded solely to be Medicare for All hatchet-men. They must be defeated at every turn.
- Former U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock, (R-IL) who was indicted for stealing $68,000 from his campaign got off easy. All charges were dropped for good behavior, no prior record, and paying the money back. He stole to live lavishly. The petty convenience store thief many times do not even make it to trial as they are either made to please for long sentences or sometimes killed by a cop.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
DailyKos: Trump’s polling against Democratic challengers is historically abysmal
Yes, it’s too early to tell much from head-to-head polling, anything can happen, Democrats can’t get too comfortable, and all the other requisite caveats assumed. That said, CNN’s Harry Enten examined pre-election polling extending all the way back to World War II and found that “no incumbent president has ever polled this poorly against his likely challengers at this point in the campaign.”
The latest Quinnipiac poll has Trump losing to all five of his most likely Democratic challengers by nine points or more, and Trump trailed Biden by fully 16 points in the survey. Enten noted that it was the second probability test in August that showed Trump losing to all five Democratic frontrunners by at least 5 points. The Fox News poll that Trump publicly blasted was the other. And averaging all the August head to heads together put Biden up by 10 points against Trump, 49% to 39%.
Compared to previous presidents, Trump is sucking wind. In the past, most incumbent presidents were headed into the final year of the campaign with a decisive advantage. In fact, nine of the 11 incumbents not only led their eventual opponent, on average they were beating that candidate by 12 points.
Trump has not bested Biden in one single national poll since he entered the race.
The two incumbents who were trailing their opponents at this point in the cycle were doing so by much less: Jimmy Carter was down 4 points in 1979 and Barack Obama at a 1-point deficit in 2011.
That means that Trump is polling worse than any incumbent president since WWII against all five of his potential Democratic rivals. Just one more instance where Trump outshines everyone as the absolute worst.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Will the internet army save Putin’s Pet troll?
- Bernie Sanders Can’t Win (by as Much) Unless Youth Vote Surges (Like It Recently Has)
- Egberto Willies & Leyla Martinez interviewed after Bernie Nevada win
- Does the design of corporations make them inherently untrustable as they enrich a select few?
- Krystal Ball outs Establishment rigged debate audience
- Is switching from meat to edible insects for protein needs a viable way to curb carbon emissions?
- The Bloomberg Freudian slip: He bought Democratic politicians
- Former Trump supporter now supporting Bernie because of healthcare
- Listen to Bloomberg trash his own Obama 2012 endorsement
- Rally Cry for the Resistance: It’s time to bet on us.