Too many Americans fear a woman or a real Progressive as the Democratic nominee. The real facts do not justify either fear so let’s have a real debate.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
It is high time that we stop buying into the narrative that a woman cannot win the U.S presidency.
It is imperative that a Progressive is elected to run against Donald Trump. It is ironic but President Trump won the electoral college partly on a Progressive message. In several blogs at Daily Kos, many of the more Progressive bloggers warned that his technique included that.
Here is what happened on Politics Done Right above.
- A woman should have been president. We discuss why we should not let fear let us discount female candidates.
- A Right-Wing Conservative AK-47 touting guy called. We had a healthy discussion throughout the show.
- I discussed that while some frown on identity politics, it is very important.
- Discuss why personally I cannot be completely wedded to absoluteness of the constitution given that it was not created in a Democratic manner.
- And much more.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
The Hill: Scaramucci: GOP may need to replace Trump for 2020
How does the rhetoric of the president of the United States differ from the rhetoric of the white supremacist who killed Latinos in El Paso? It doesn’t. A USA Today analysis found that Donald Trump has spewed violent, anti-immigrant rhetoric more than 500 times since 2017, including using the word “invasion” at least 19 times. In his scrawlings, the white supremacist mass shooter who shot and killed 22 people, nearly all Latino, complained about a “Hispanic invasion” of Texas.
“Trump has used the words ‘predator,’ ‘invasion,’ ‘alien,’ ‘killer,’ ‘criminal’ and ‘animal,’” the analysis found, using “the word ‘animal’ 34 times and the word ‘killer’ nearly three dozen times.” He “has used ‘the hell out of our country’ at least 43 times.” All 500 instances were from the more than 60 rallies that Trump has held since his inauguration.
It was at one of these same rallies in May that he chuckled and joked at a supporter’s suggestion to shoot asylum-seekers at the southern border. In any normal circumstance, any decent person would have immediately condemned that. But these are not normal times, and this is not a decent man, and Trump responded, “That’s only in the Panhandle you can get away with that stuff.”
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- My heart’s with Bernie but Warren knows to use a dagger with a smile.
- What is so-called “Flying Shame” and what’s the climate connection?
- On the Trump dog whistle and his manifesto destiny – complicit to the core.
- The stories keep coming. It is about life or death! And it is real.
- Impeachment coverage must not stifle Medicare for All & other Progressive issues.
- Fox News Poll: Most Americans now want Donald Trump impeached & removed.
- Why as Danny lost his arm & Bernie’s heart paused, they preached Medicare for All.
- The Donald Trump War On American Children
- Bernie supporter or not, mainstream corporate media playing us all.
- Chuck Todd explodes on Sen. Johnson: Stop trying to make Donald Trump feel better!