Today we meet political activists and policy influencers we spoke with at Netroots Nation 2019. It shows a vibrant Progressive movement ready for action.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Progressive Movement is vibrant.
We spoke to many activists and influencers in the Progressive movement recently. They had a lot to say.
- Author Steven Shafarman discusses Basic Income and its implementation.
- Texas Democratic Activist John Stafford talks about turning Texas blue.
- Daily Kos Black Kos’s David Reid talks about the #ADOS movement, Progressives and the working class, our current political situation and much more.
- Daily Kos Community Org, DNC member, & Democratic Operative Chris Reeves discusses the 2020 election.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
DailyKos: Trump makes reporters the monkeys in his ‘f&*king circus’ and they keep begging for his bananas
Donald Trump has a routine for playing the media. He heads out to the South Lawn of the White House and stands in front of Marine One and takes reporters’ questions over the sound of the helicopter. As reporters shout and plead for attention, he ignores the questions he doesn’t want to answer and he rarely takes follow-ups. This way, Trump gets out the headlines he wants with zero accountability or pressure to go beyond the lies. Reporters complain about it, but they’re not doing anything to push back.
“If he was at a podium, we would be pressing him after he answers the question, we would be correcting him, we would be pointing out discrepancies in previous answers, and we’re not able to do that in the chaotic setting of a departure,” CBS News White House correspondent Weijia Jiang told Politico. “Many times I’ve tried to ask a follow-up question, but he’s already pointed to somebody else.”
”They are actually a perfect encapsulation of him: quick hit questions, quick hit answers, lots of give and take,” another White House reporter said. “But they are terrible for reporters. It is impossible to hear, have a substantive dialogue, ask a follow-up question or do any serious pressing of the president. It is a fucking circus.”
So guys, a suggestion: Don’t do it. Don’t be the monkeys in Trump’s fucking circus. Let him talk to Fox News and Sinclair and OANN and Newsmax and, I don’t know, The Epoch Times—the places that are going to report exactly what he wants all the time anyway. Meanwhile the news organizations that have at least some minor commitment to doing something other than stenography can boycott the circus, save their reporters the indignity of fighting for position and screaming out questions that they know will get false answers anyway, with no opportunity to follow up. The American public is not better informed or better off because Trump screamed something anti-Semitic over the noise of a helicopter. Why pretend that this is meaningful journalism? Better to put those resources to doing actual investigative reporting into what really is going on behind the scenes in this administration.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- ‘Jane Roe,’ Donald Trump and other ‘pro-life’ cons
- Proposals to Ease Covid’s Blow on the Hardest Hit All but Ignored by Corporate Media
- Millennial torches Michael Steele on Trump: “I don’t miss normal” and all he could do is agree.
- Did seeing a knee on a neck reflected from their mirror so embarrassed Americans as to defeat Steve King?
- Facts do not need your agreement
- Let’s keep our eyes on the ball in these difficult times.
- Trump’s promotion of violence and totalitarianism is nothing new.
- Mainstream media correspondent fed up, calls out racism live
- MSNBC host shocked by stats: Black men’s death-by-cop greater than winning Scratch-Offs.
- These are protests. They want to frame it differently to maintain the antiseptic enslavement of us all. READ!