Call: (713) 526-5738 – Facebook LIVE – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: August 20th, 2019
Too many are approaching the election of their candidate from a position of fear. Ironically the fear is both on the Right and the Left. It is exactly where the Plutocracy wants us.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now (http://patreon.com/politicsdoneright).
It is all about the candidate. Do not fail your brothers and sisters now.
I continue to watch the 2020 Democratic Primary with some level of disgust. I don’t think I have seen a citizenry this scared since I have come to the country. Normally people stay away from politics. Now I am finding people just looking for a reason to get into politics. The grocery store is no longer sacred.
But I also see a change. Right-Wingers are getting less defensive of the President and the Republican party. This leaves an ever so small opening to tip a very small few but in some districts, maybe enough. Remember we need just 9 flips in the Texas House.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is a listener-supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
What are your thoughts? Let ’s talk. Tag your tweets with hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight. Follow me on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. We broadcast live on Facebook Live here.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Blog of the Week
Please LIKE our Facebook page and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- The 11-year-old black kid who called 911 and was shot by a Mississippi cop is my fear and that of many.black kid
- Moms Demand Action presented a moving Memorial for Uvalde in Kingwood, Texas.
- Chris Hayes exposes why Republicans holding America hostage with the debt ceiling is a farce.
- TX AG Paxton to be impeached. 11-year-old shot by a cop. Chris Hayes exposes Debt Ceiling fraud.
- Moms Demand Action memorializes Uvalde. KAD President on TX Lege failure. GOP tanking economy
- We blow up the tax cuts myth & debt ceiling lies parroted by Freedom Caucus member Bob Good.
- The Republican Texas Legislature has become the American Taliban in its governing style.
- Texas Talibanization continues. Tax cut & debt ceiling lies debunked. We must save ourselves.
- Wallace & Glaude slams GOP attack on freedom. Evil chairman in a meek package. Colorado River.
- The youngest state Dem chair speaks. Markey urges the 14th Amendment. 60 Minutes exposes contractors.
- Ed Markey is correct—use the 14th Amendment. Work requirements to extend debt is letting bullies win.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene puts the life of a black Rep, Jamaal Bowman, at risk with a false accusation.
- A real Healthcare for All story. Healthcare for All is the only answer. Leave TikTok alone.
- Northeastern Action Collective urges Houston to solve BIPOC area flooding. Medicare for all is back.
- Michael Steele: MAGA losses are acceptable to them because they are playing the long game.
- WOW! A local TX TV station exposed the healthcare evil. Michael Steele: MAGA playing the long game
- Harris County Attorney Christian Menefee on Texas Legislature attacks. Inconvenient truths about the GOP.
- Helen Gym, a Progressive to watch, was poised to become mayor of Philadelphia had voters showed up!
- Let Corps pay for inflation. Katy Tur humanizes immigration. MSM finally reports inflation is down.
- Katy Tur shows humaneness by telling the inconvenient truth. We failed & we need immigrants.