The time is approaching when many Progressives are going to have to make a choice and unite to ensure an undeniable win at the Democratic Convention. Will it be Warren or Sanders?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The choice of Warren or Sanders must be done strategically
As Progressives get happy as Joe Biden begins his descent to a necessary irrelevance if we are to move forward, there is still a dilemma that we will have to come to terms with preferably sooner than later.
Progressives have two solid candidates in Warren and Sanders with overlapping bases. Both support policies that will help all Americans. But only one can be President. How do we go about choosing which one? We discuss that today. This is a great problem to have. Suffice it to say in my humble opinion we do not need them both on the ticket. One navigating in the Senate is invaluable.
I also discuss the subject about factionalization of Americans — Facebook, Twitter, racial silos — by creating false differences. If we let it continue the Plutocracy wins. The unsustainability of the form of Capitalism we practice depends on dissension, war, and then a corrupted rebirth. Tomorrow’s program will feature Ted Howard, President, and Co-Founder of The Democracy Collaborative who will discuss some of this.
We also discuss the advantage of terrestrial broadcast radio over the Internet. It allows for more free access to you.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is a listener-supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.