I caught up with the Intercept’s D.C. Bureau Chief Ryan Grim at Netroots Nation 2019 and discussed the Democratic Party and his new book.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Intercept’s Ryan Grim gets candid about Democratic Party, AOC, and more.
Trump and the media are trying to make The Squad, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib into Left-Wing radicals. Yesterday we urged Progressives and Democrats not to fall into the trap. We must not sacrifice or leave these women hanging. Their policies, when not caricatured, are in line with what the polls say most Americans want.
I ran into Ryan Grim at Netroots Nation 2019 and interviewed him on this subject. Grim has a new book, “We’ve Got People: From Jesse Jackson to AOC, the End of Big Money and the Rise of a Movement” that we discussed as well. He has a take on Democrats that we would do well to listen to now.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
Daily Kos: Wingnut federal judge rules against people with pre-existing conditions, so have fun with that, GOP
Reliably wingnutty Judge Richard Leon, of the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, has ruled that the Trump administration can break the law, in this case the Affordable Care Act, and expand the sale of junk, short-term health insurance policies.
The ACA allowed for the sale of bare-bones insurance plans that don’t meet the essential benefits coverage standards established in the law for a duration of no longer than three months. They were intended to be used as bridge plans for people outside of the window of open enrollment periods who didn’t have qualifying life events to allow them onto the exchanges. The Trump administration has issued a rule to allow the plans to last as long as 364 days and to be renewable for three years.
Challengers argued that this would undermine the ACA markets, driving healthy people out of the larger pool into these cheap, crappy plans and causing premiums to increase for people in the ACA-compliant plans. They also argued, correctly, that this undermines the protections for people with pre-existing conditions under the law. The short-term plans Trump is allowing would not have to extend those protections. Leon was not swayed by reality.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- George Floyd Live Updates: Officer Chauvin Is in Custody – The New York Times
- Ali Velshi gives a clinic in how to best report on Minneapolis protests. He gets it!
- Nancy Pelosi stopped Andrea Mitchell cold from interviewing her on Trump’s terms & gave her own message.
- Baseless blather by full diaper-rash-mode baby Trump on voting by mail
- The majority of church history has been a complete rejection of Christ.
- Tacho Medellin: Just Another Kill For The LE Trophy Case
- NY. Gov. Cuomo scolds McConnell & Scott eloquently pointing out their states were takers
- US Media Failed to Factcheck Sweden’s Herd Immunity Hoax
- Obama economist: Trump economic indicators could soar just before the 2020 election
- This Pundit gives the recipe to defeat Trump even with his own voters