I caught up with the Intercept’s D.C. Bureau Chief Ryan Grim at Netroots Nation 2019 and discussed the Democratic Party and his new book.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Intercept’s Ryan Grim gets candid about Democratic Party, AOC, and more.
Trump and the media are trying to make The Squad, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib into Left-Wing radicals. Yesterday we urged Progressives and Democrats not to fall into the trap. We must not sacrifice or leave these women hanging. Their policies, when not caricatured, are in line with what the polls say most Americans want.
I ran into Ryan Grim at Netroots Nation 2019 and interviewed him on this subject. Grim has a new book, “We’ve Got People: From Jesse Jackson to AOC, the End of Big Money and the Rise of a Movement” that we discussed as well. He has a take on Democrats that we would do well to listen to now.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
Daily Kos: Wingnut federal judge rules against people with pre-existing conditions, so have fun with that, GOP
Reliably wingnutty Judge Richard Leon, of the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, has ruled that the Trump administration can break the law, in this case the Affordable Care Act, and expand the sale of junk, short-term health insurance policies.
The ACA allowed for the sale of bare-bones insurance plans that don’t meet the essential benefits coverage standards established in the law for a duration of no longer than three months. They were intended to be used as bridge plans for people outside of the window of open enrollment periods who didn’t have qualifying life events to allow them onto the exchanges. The Trump administration has issued a rule to allow the plans to last as long as 364 days and to be renewable for three years.
Challengers argued that this would undermine the ACA markets, driving healthy people out of the larger pool into these cheap, crappy plans and causing premiums to increase for people in the ACA-compliant plans. They also argued, correctly, that this undermines the protections for people with pre-existing conditions under the law. The short-term plans Trump is allowing would not have to extend those protections. Leon was not swayed by reality.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Answer to the Tucker Carlson lying attack on the 2020 Election, a traitor to the American people
- Trump ridicules Trump: Said a Biden win would crash the stock market over & over. This happened.
- Capitalist Competition Is Sabotaging the Race for a Vaccine | Common Dreams Views
- MSNBC Hallie Jackson destroys Trump enabling Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-ND) for election charade.
- Appearance on the improv comedy show “Can’t Tell Us Nothing” discussing “It’s Worth It”
- Could Ted Cruz be this inept? This is what happens when the protagonists of misinformation believe it themselves.
- Staging a sabotage of voters’ rights
- Color of Change Heather McGhee has a poignant message to the White Trump supporter.
- Democratic Analyst Karen Finney outlasts a frazzled bully, Former GOP Governor Chris Christie.
- Texas Lt. Gov. stiffs Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. of $2 million for finding voter fraud, by Republicans