I caught up with the Intercept’s D.C. Bureau Chief Ryan Grim at Netroots Nation 2019 and discussed the Democratic Party and his new book.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Intercept’s Ryan Grim gets candid about Democratic Party, AOC, and more.
Trump and the media are trying to make The Squad, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib into Left-Wing radicals. Yesterday we urged Progressives and Democrats not to fall into the trap. We must not sacrifice or leave these women hanging. Their policies, when not caricatured, are in line with what the polls say most Americans want.
I ran into Ryan Grim at Netroots Nation 2019 and interviewed him on this subject. Grim has a new book, “We’ve Got People: From Jesse Jackson to AOC, the End of Big Money and the Rise of a Movement” that we discussed as well. He has a take on Democrats that we would do well to listen to now.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
Daily Kos: Wingnut federal judge rules against people with pre-existing conditions, so have fun with that, GOP
Reliably wingnutty Judge Richard Leon, of the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, has ruled that the Trump administration can break the law, in this case the Affordable Care Act, and expand the sale of junk, short-term health insurance policies.
The ACA allowed for the sale of bare-bones insurance plans that don’t meet the essential benefits coverage standards established in the law for a duration of no longer than three months. They were intended to be used as bridge plans for people outside of the window of open enrollment periods who didn’t have qualifying life events to allow them onto the exchanges. The Trump administration has issued a rule to allow the plans to last as long as 364 days and to be renewable for three years.
Challengers argued that this would undermine the ACA markets, driving healthy people out of the larger pool into these cheap, crappy plans and causing premiums to increase for people in the ACA-compliant plans. They also argued, correctly, that this undermines the protections for people with pre-existing conditions under the law. The short-term plans Trump is allowing would not have to extend those protections. Leon was not swayed by reality.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Here is proof that MAGA and the GOP do not believe in democracy. Believe what they’re telling you.
- CA Gov Gavin Newsom shows how to tie IVF and women’s reproductive rights around the GOP’s neck.
- Fox News apologized and then all but called Trump a liar after disputing his entire victory speech.
- Airlines raise cost of checking luggage. That’s not inflation. It is the CORPORATE GREED RATE!
- OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IS A FAILURE My KPFT Studio Engineer was sent Cologuard unsolicited, A scam
- MSNBC Journalist Katie Phang points out that Trump’s lawyers struck out trying to nail Fani Willis
- Watch Trump at his South Carolina Rally: Lights are so bright I can only see the black ones.
- Charlamagne tha God: Trump’s more sincere about his lies than Biden about his truths.
- Fmr. GOP Rep Charlie Dent: Useful idiot is too gentle a word for Donald Trump on Russia.
- Chuck Todd: Biden must re-educate the public. Why Trump’s presidency was unimpressive and a failure.
- Morning Joe destroys Trump: He diverts out of fear his mental acuity will become the subject.
- Hon. Arthur F. Engoron Decision on Donald Trump. He is fined over $360 Million.
- Are people typically taking into account climate risks when they shop for a new home?
- What are the climate benefits of switching over to a four-day workweek?
- Can you explain the concepts of additionality, permanence and leakage with regard to carbon offsets?
- Has the cruise industry cleaned up its act regarding its environmental footprint in recent years?
- CNN’s Jake Tapper, one of few journalists, clarified it’s Trump with the mental & character flaws.
- Dr. Cornel West’s speech at a Muslim Community fundraising event in Sugar Land, TX.
- Bernie Sanders exposes Big Pharma Execs for the parasitic thugs they are as they extort Americans.
- BILLIONAIRES DID NOT EARN IT! Dispelled that fallacy to a caller who believed that they earned it.