Many want to beat Trump by doing the purported safe thing, the definition of insanity. Progressives will win if they don’t, cower.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Maurice Mitchell, Working Families Party National Director knows how Progressives win.
While covering Netroots Nation 2019 I spoke to an impressive activist who is now the National Director of the Working Families Party. They have proven that being Progressives running as Progressives who engage the people on the ground win. We should not allow anyone to propose that we follow a mythical center to victory. It simply will not happen.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
Daily Kos: Wingnut federal judge rules against people with pre-existing conditions, so have fun with that, GOP
Reliably wingnutty Judge Richard Leon, of the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, has ruled that the Trump administration can break the law, in this case the Affordable Care Act, and expand the sale of junk, short-term health insurance policies.
The ACA allowed for the sale of bare-bones insurance plans that don’t meet the essential benefits coverage standards established in the law for a duration of no longer than three months. They were intended to be used as bridge plans for people outside of the window of open enrollment periods who didn’t have qualifying life events to allow them onto the exchanges. The Trump administration has issued a rule to allow the plans to last as long as 364 days and to be renewable for three years.
Challengers argued that this would undermine the ACA markets, driving healthy people out of the larger pool into these cheap, crappy plans and causing premiums to increase for people in the ACA-compliant plans. They also argued, correctly, that this undermines the protections for people with pre-existing conditions under the law. The short-term plans Trump is allowing would not have to extend those protections. Leon was not swayed by reality.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Krystal Ball outs Establishment rigged debate audience
- Is switching from meat to edible insects for protein needs a viable way to curb carbon emissions?
- The Bloomberg Freudian slip: He bought Democratic politicians
- Former Trump supporter now supporting Bernie because of healthcare
- Listen to Bloomberg trash his own Obama 2012 endorsement
- Rally Cry for the Resistance: It’s time to bet on us.
- Naomi Klein on why Progressive should support Bernie
- California: Screwing Bernie Sanders Again?
- Nina Turner dispels & explains the Bernie Bro trope.
- Our healthcare system killed her 22-year-old daughter