Fear is a bad thing. Now many Democrats are wondering if their policies will snatch defeat from victory. Tamara Shealey joins us.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Democrats and Progressives pulling defeat from victory?
Only Democrats can do that. Elizabeth Warren laid out the gauntlet yesterday. She stopped Republican-lite candidate Joe Delaney cold as he spoke about all the things we cannot do. She asked why would anyone run who started a discussion with what cannot be attained. Warren made it clear that unless Democrats go bold, they will in fact lose.
Tamara Shealey will join us and discuss CNN’s debate 1 panel taking up the issue of reparations. Will that issue bring in more votes than it loses?
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
Daily Kos: Why the D.C. press isn’t equipped to handle Trump’s racist re-election crusade
Doubling and tripling down on his bigoted commentary and racist tweets, Donald Trump is all but boasting that his re-election run will be fueled by hate speech and hardcore white grievance. Unlike anything ever seen before in American politics (remember, segregationist George Wallace didn’t have a Twitter feed), Trump’s re-election strategy is to basically spark a rhetorical race war. It would be nice if the news media had the courage to say so, but it’s clear that today’s overwhelmingly white political press corps is not up to the challenge. It’s a press corps that’s tentatively treating the ugly specter of tribal racism as if it’s just another wedge issue used to motivate voting blocs.
Already bullied by Trump, the D.C. press, which won’t so much as label him a liar in its news pages, even though he’s on pace to tell more than 16,000 lies as president, is ill-equipped to handle the looming challenge. Covering and confronting an openly racist presidential candidate requires confidence and courage, neither of which the halting Beltway press has been advertising in abundance during the Trump era.
Even outspoken Trump critics in the press who routinely hold him accountable admit to being concerned about what’s coming. “We had a meeting about this @TheLastWord,” MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell tweeted this week. “I began & ended with the admission that I don’t know how to cover a presidential campaign of full throttle racism. We must begin by not pretending we know how to cover Trump. It’s a new challenge everyday & our old tools don’t work.”
Recent coverage of Trump’s racists escapades (such as demanding that congresswomen of color “go back” to where they came from and likening predominantly black American cities to rodent-infested hellholes) has highlighted the media’s shortcomings, and that, as O’Donnell noted, the old tools don’t work. This is especially true at a time when Beltway newsrooms lack diversity.
“The cable news media needs to stop treating Trump’s racism like they are debating a proposed tax plan or budget deal,” warned Sirius/XM host Dean Obeidallah. “There are NOT two sides to Trump’s white supremacy. It’s vile and it’s inciting death threats against communities of color. Period!”
Yet over and over, the political press has treated Trump’s hate speech as a political “tactic,” which effectively downplays the damage of Trump’s behavior.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Watch Fox News Host Maria Bartiromo exploded when former Trumpist Alan Dershowitz defended Biden.
- Watch Beto O’Rourke slam an Abbott-supporting heckler
- My listener’s $880 glasses devolved into this necessary healthcare rant.
- My listener’s ‘Defund Capitalism’ statement elicited this response. What are your thoughts?
- TX Gov. Greg Abbott basks in his evil deeds as NYC Mayor Eric Adams shows compassion to his victims.
- Fox News panel explodes as panelist points out that crime is higher in the Red States than in the Blue States.
- CNN interview between Sens. Blumenthal & Graham a disaster for Democrats. He should’ve said this.
- The FBI is raiding Donald Trump’s home at Mar-o-Lago. The alleged Criminal In Chief may pay now!
- Reporter: The more Trump wins, the more Republicans are poised to lose!
- Dem strategist on winning: GOP giving gifts. Message Republican Party as wacko party & then …￼
- Kansas defied polls, voted in droves, and protected women’s rights. WOMEN WON!
- Former CNN Host Rick Sanchez: An empowering message of professional rebirth after an unfair firing.
- Fmr GOP strategist: Fist-bumping Senators after denying healthcare shows a moral collapse of the GOP
- Fmr. VP’s Chief of Staff shades Matt Gaetz for dissing Pence: He’ll be in prison by 2024.
- LIES EXPOSED ON VIDEO: Trump officials lie on Fox News about Jan 6 but truthful to Senate Committee
- Donny Deutsch: You got to scare the hell out of people about Republicans’ level of crazy & insanity.
- Larry Summers’ inflation & employment statement proves we have a defective & evil economic system.
- The economy does much better under Democrats than Republicans. Why the professors’ hesitation, then?
- Stephanie Ruhle exposes Trump and GOP comical revisionist history about Trump’s economy.
- Buttigieg to Rubio: if you have time to fight Disney, have it to safeguard families like mine.