Netroots Nation 2019 is over and we accomplished much as we made history. We all return to the reality of a President that has the mainstream media captured thus preventing debate on issues.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Out of the Netroots bubble and back to Trump’s world
I must say it was refreshing to be among 4,000 people that were Liberal and Progressives over the last five days. It was like living in a reality-based world after living vicariously through a fictional movie. But all things must come to an end and we are forced back in the mistake that will take a decade to recover from. It is amazing how much damage one man who unabashedly implemented the ideology of the Right could cause, some irreversible.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
CommonDreams: Not Acceptable’: Analysis Estimates Biden Healthcare Plan Would Kill 125,000 People in First Decade Alone
As Biden vows to “do everything in my power” to defend system based on for-profit insurance industry, People’s Policy Project shows death toll would be equivalent “of 42 September 11-style attacks”
After spending the past week sniping at Medicare for All with insurance industry talking points, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden on Monday unveiled a healthcare plan that one analyst said could cause the deaths of around 125,000 people over the first ten years by leaving millions of Americans uninsured.
Matt Bruenig, founder of the left-wing think tank People’s Policy Project, pointed to Biden’s claim that his plan will provide health insurance to 97 percent of Americans and calculated the death toll of leaving three percent of the U.S. population without coverage.
“Even if you suppose that Biden’s estimate is right and the uninsurance rate does go to three percent, that still implies an enormous amount of unnecessary death caused by a lack of insurance,” Bruenig said. “One commonly-used (e.g. by CAP) estimate states that one unnecessary death occurs annually for every 830 uninsured people. This means that during the first 10 years of Bidencare, over 125,000 unnecessary deaths will occur from uninsurance.”
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Thomas Friedman’s recipe for Democrats would be fatal. He does not get it.
- Crooked pastor sentenced to 6yrs in prison. What about the other megachurch crooks?
- Stephanie Ruhle: Her story just made me think about privilege. Sad reality/truth.
- Some companies have funded sedition. So explains CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin on donation stoppage.
- Irresponsible Republican Politicians refuse masks when in lockdown, likely infecting colleagues.
- Katy Tur corners John Bolton: The lies & insurrection are not just Trump but Ted Cruz & others.
- Senator Tester makes it clear he could support Ted Cruz & Josh Hawley’s expulsion from Senate.
- 60 Minutes Republican-appeasing Leslie Stahl creates false equivalence in Nancy Pelosi interview
- Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, & the Sedition Cau; Bomb-throwers from the start.
- Message to Democrats: Help people fast. Advice to Joe Manchin (D-WV), stand down.
- Joe Manchin will do well to support the $2000 stimulus/relief as written lest his daughter’s EpiPen pilfer elevated
- A candid conversation with a white friend who discusses her racial prejudice
- Tiffany Cross nails it: Their American dream was our nightmare. This is as American as apple pie.
- Plouffe on Georgia: Epic political malpractice by Trump & confederacy of dunces cost senate loss.
- Man Photographed At Desk In Nancy Pelosi’s Office Is Arrested : Insurrection At The Capitol: Live Updates : NPR
- Interview with delusional insurrectionist shows damage Republican lies inflicted on many Americans.
- Wall Street Journal editorial board urges Trump to resign to avoid second impeachment. – The New York Times
- Joe Biden excoriates Donald Trump about the Capitol insurrection in speech: We could see it coming.
- Katy Tur itemized why the Republican Party is ultimately responsible for Capitol insurrection.
- Mitt Romney calls out Republican Senators for lying to constituents, tell them the truth.