Netroots Nation 2019 is over and we accomplished much as we made history. We all return to the reality of a President that has the mainstream media captured thus preventing debate on issues.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Out of the Netroots bubble and back to Trump’s world
I must say it was refreshing to be among 4,000 people that were Liberal and Progressives over the last five days. It was like living in a reality-based world after living vicariously through a fictional movie. But all things must come to an end and we are forced back in the mistake that will take a decade to recover from. It is amazing how much damage one man who unabashedly implemented the ideology of the Right could cause, some irreversible.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
CommonDreams: Not Acceptable’: Analysis Estimates Biden Healthcare Plan Would Kill 125,000 People in First Decade Alone
As Biden vows to “do everything in my power” to defend system based on for-profit insurance industry, People’s Policy Project shows death toll would be equivalent “of 42 September 11-style attacks”
After spending the past week sniping at Medicare for All with insurance industry talking points, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden on Monday unveiled a healthcare plan that one analyst said could cause the deaths of around 125,000 people over the first ten years by leaving millions of Americans uninsured.
Matt Bruenig, founder of the left-wing think tank People’s Policy Project, pointed to Biden’s claim that his plan will provide health insurance to 97 percent of Americans and calculated the death toll of leaving three percent of the U.S. population without coverage.
“Even if you suppose that Biden’s estimate is right and the uninsurance rate does go to three percent, that still implies an enormous amount of unnecessary death caused by a lack of insurance,” Bruenig said. “One commonly-used (e.g. by CAP) estimate states that one unnecessary death occurs annually for every 830 uninsured people. This means that during the first 10 years of Bidencare, over 125,000 unnecessary deaths will occur from uninsurance.”
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Princeton Professor on Obama-Buttigieg policies beyond identity “Same ol’, same ol'”
- What is the Degrowth movement all about and how can I get involved?
- Bragging McConnell & Hannity laugh at how he stopped Obama judge appointments
- Corporate Media using Labour Party defeat to smear progressives.
- Here’s a needed positive message that should be applied to so many issues.
- Make the stock market record highs and low unemployment Trump’s failure.
- Stock Market booming. Unemployment low. Yet there’s another sad reality for most.
- Watch Congressman callout MSNBC for fully airing Republican press conference of lies
- Finland is now led by women. And America is ready.
- Is it about self-government or just uniforms? Football anyone?