The Squad is not comprised of Left-Wing ideologues. They support values that working families want and need. It is time for Democrats to stand up.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Squad must change the paradigm and take control of their narrative.
Let’s be clear the Squad, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib are not Left-Wing radicals. And it is the duty of the Democratic Party not to sacrifice them or leave them hanging. We do that at our peril.
These are not normal times and as such demand solutions that many of us have not seen or are scared of attempting. I received the following FB message from a dear friend.
Egberto, I know you are savvy enough to see what this is. It’s just the next step in the GOP’s attempt to paint the party as extremists and socialists. It started with their obsession with AOC She is topic one on FOX and has been since before she took office. They aren’t talking about her to help us. Come on!!! Don’t play into their hands!
I replied as follows.
I get it. I have not bought into it at all. I know. But … They have defined the narrative for these ladies. IMHO, if we do not answer with the truth and then pivot to jobs, they will hold that card throughout. I want us to define it as Democrats. I will cover this on Politics Done Right with Egberto Willies and talk about what I mean. If we leave these guys stranded, then we will get a dangerous split.
We cannot allow the President or the Republican Right Wing machine to put Progressives, Democrats on the defensive. We are the ones trying to provide policies that support the poor and middle-class. We must act the part, be aggressive, and lean into our values.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
The Guardian: Weaponizing Ilhan Omar has become Trump’s re-election strategy
The chants of “send her back” reverberated across the rally of thousands on Wednesday as Donald Trump stood at the podium and attacked Representative Ilhan Omar, a naturalized US citizen who arrived in the country as a teenager after her family fled Somalia. It was not the first time Trump had sought to vilify Omar, who in November became one of the first two Muslim women elected to the US Congress and has emerged as a key target of the president and Republicans.
But as Trump escalated his crusade against Omar on Wednesday – refusing to silence his supporters in chants that echoed the “lock her up” rallying cry against Hillary Clinton in 2016 – a prevailing theme of his re-election strategy became clear. In Omar, the president has at long last found a face to his stigmatization of Muslims – and so, too, have his allies.
“He wants to demonize her so that he can make sure his base turns out in the next election,” said Keith Ellison, the Minnesota attorney general who previously served as the first Muslim elected to Congress in US history. “He’s trying to whip up hate and hysteria so that he has a maximum turnout … He says vote for me because my fears and anxieties and prejudices are similar to your own, and I will champion your fears and anxieties.”
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Lawrence O’Donnell ridicules TX Gov. Abbott for his solution to denying rape victims an abortion.
- Historian: This was a president who led a coup d’é·tat, an insurrection against the people of the USA.
- Two young progressives call out the Democratic establishment’s ineptitude as they demand action.
- Fmr. RNC Chair to Dems: Spine up A GOP House/Senate = No filibuster & Abortion ban nationally.
- Katie Porter is right. SCOTUS ruling is an attack on the economy & freedom. Filibuster must end
- AOC destroys Arkansas Governor: Little to no support for life after birth in Arkansas.
- Democratic politicians better listen to this activist. It’s time for her winning message.
- Here’s a short-term Roe v. Wade overturn solution. Democrats must stop being spineless in the fight!
- Exposed oil scam the corporate oil cartel will hate: Politics Done Right on Muslim Network TV
- Liz Cheney gets real with Right-Wing Trump sycophants President Trump abused your trust
- An activist patriarchal Supreme Court overturned women’s Rights to their own bodies.
- Dems: Stop blaming Latinos for Democratic losses. Reassess before it’s too late.
- LIVE: Documentary Series No Address Atlanta screening and Q&A session
- The wealthy shareholders and investors don’t care about you! Why I checked this listener.
- Stephanie Ruhle implores voters: Ask Republicans for their answer to inflation before a blind vote.
- Oil companies are fraudsters: They make record profits then blame Biden for ripping us off for it.
- Watch Starbucks CEO say he won’t work with unions for incoherent reasons. HUBRIS? My Take.
- There’s an oil glut, not a shortage. High prices are a worldwide fraud by corporations. Here’s why.
- Matthew Dowd: Do you really want to turn the country over to One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- REALLY! Fox News exposed former GOP Rep. Devin Nunes as he lied about Jan 6th ratings.