The Squad is not comprised of Left-Wing ideologues. They support values that working families want and need. It is time for Democrats to stand up.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Squad must change the paradigm and take control of their narrative.
Let’s be clear the Squad, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib are not Left-Wing radicals. And it is the duty of the Democratic Party not to sacrifice them or leave them hanging. We do that at our peril.
These are not normal times and as such demand solutions that many of us have not seen or are scared of attempting. I received the following FB message from a dear friend.
Egberto, I know you are savvy enough to see what this is. It’s just the next step in the GOP’s attempt to paint the party as extremists and socialists. It started with their obsession with AOC She is topic one on FOX and has been since before she took office. They aren’t talking about her to help us. Come on!!! Don’t play into their hands!
I replied as follows.
I get it. I have not bought into it at all. I know. But … They have defined the narrative for these ladies. IMHO, if we do not answer with the truth and then pivot to jobs, they will hold that card throughout. I want us to define it as Democrats. I will cover this on Politics Done Right with Egberto Willies and talk about what I mean. If we leave these guys stranded, then we will get a dangerous split.
We cannot allow the President or the Republican Right Wing machine to put Progressives, Democrats on the defensive. We are the ones trying to provide policies that support the poor and middle-class. We must act the part, be aggressive, and lean into our values.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
The Guardian: Weaponizing Ilhan Omar has become Trump’s re-election strategy
The chants of “send her back” reverberated across the rally of thousands on Wednesday as Donald Trump stood at the podium and attacked Representative Ilhan Omar, a naturalized US citizen who arrived in the country as a teenager after her family fled Somalia. It was not the first time Trump had sought to vilify Omar, who in November became one of the first two Muslim women elected to the US Congress and has emerged as a key target of the president and Republicans.
But as Trump escalated his crusade against Omar on Wednesday – refusing to silence his supporters in chants that echoed the “lock her up” rallying cry against Hillary Clinton in 2016 – a prevailing theme of his re-election strategy became clear. In Omar, the president has at long last found a face to his stigmatization of Muslims – and so, too, have his allies.
“He wants to demonize her so that he can make sure his base turns out in the next election,” said Keith Ellison, the Minnesota attorney general who previously served as the first Muslim elected to Congress in US history. “He’s trying to whip up hate and hysteria so that he has a maximum turnout … He says vote for me because my fears and anxieties and prejudices are similar to your own, and I will champion your fears and anxieties.”
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- SHAME! Executive & Congress may sacrifice rail workers to further enrich corporate America.
- Adam Kinzinger does not think Kevin McCarthy will last as Speaker of the House.
- We willfully submit ourselves to the new bondage, antiseptic slavery.
- A fed-up Arkansas Governor, Asa Hutchinson, throws Donald Trump under the bus.
- Watch Chuck Todd ding GOP Rep. James Comer with inconvenient facts as he bloviated about crime.
- These ‘STRONG MEN’ are at the heights of Republican hypocrisy amid their ongoing support for Trump.
- Philadelphia DA, Larry Krasner: Democrats have the answer to crime Republican policy fails
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.
- WOW! Reporter takes down losing MAGA AZ Gov. Candidate Kari Lake with a striking barrage
- EGGS ON HIS FACE! Democratic pundit Karen Finney’s analysis was genius as the smug one looks silly.
- Democratic & GOP pundits & Congressman school Republicans on reasons the Democrats won big.
- The GenZ and Millennial generations saved Democracy in America & here’s the proof.