A conversation with a friend made it clear to me of two things. Conservatives are made scared of changes that offer success to all believing it is at their expense. They will fight it.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Many Conservatives live in a very scary bubble.
Because of a well-orchestrated bubble that the Plutocracy instigated by the Powell Memo and other methods, Conservatives are very scared. They now have the belief that the systemic changed that we must make to our economy to bring equal access to success is at their expense. They are wrong as the Red States and those adopting said ideology are the ones that would benefit the most.
The Progressive should use that reality to personalize the policies required in this systemic change. That is the only way we will earn the trust of enough of them to make a difference.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
CBSNews: “Racism has no place in American politics,” Buttigieg tells attendee at Iowa event
2020 Democratic hopeful Pete Buttigieg told a man at an event in Iowa that “racism has no place in American politics” after the man said he should “just tell the black people of South Bend to stop committing crimes.” In June, a white police officer shot and killed a black man in South Bend in June, and Buttigieg, who is the mayor of South Bend, has been dealing with the fallout.
The man was booed by the crowd at the Carroll County, Iowa, barbecue after the comment. Buttigieg said “I think that racism is not going to help,” but the man continued “No, just stop committing crimes! Has nothing to do with race!”
“The fact that a black person is four times as likely as a white person to be incarcerated for the exact same crime is evidence of systemic racism,” Buttigieg answered. “It is evidence of systemic racism and with all due respect sir, racism makes it harder for good police officers to do their job, too. It is a smear on law enforcement.”
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- The Joe Biden forthcoming implosion will guarantee a Progressive Democratic nominee
- Amy Klobuchar joins Chris Mathews to slam Progressives with GOP talking points
- Many on the Right are yearning for a dialogue, the real silent majority.
- I think this Conservative caller to my radio show is a canary in the coal mine.
- Buttigieg TEA Party meeting is positive. It’s his centrism that’s fatal to middle-class
- Which Would You Prefer―Nuclear War or Climate Catastrophe?
- The inhumane side of our immigration policy seldom spoken about.
- If another president did (even one of) these things
- National Organization for Women fireside chat with activists in Houston prior to immigration rally.
- Chuck Todd implies Obama’s statement means Democrats want more small ‘C’ conservative.