Trump can use racism to win back the White House. But the punditry has got it wrong. They imply it’s to keep his base in line. That is not it at all.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Race is a stupid concept but racism is a powerful tool.
It behooves me how much value society has put on hue and pigmentation. Unfortunately, that is the world we still live in and because the vast majority of people are still attentive to that prism, we must work within those walls.
The punditry continues to get it wrong. Trump is not complex. He is simple. You know, there are many insects and lower animal forms that do not have a lot of analytical power. But they are wired for survival and those circuits within their minds are quick.
Trump is not very smart. But he instinctively knows how to survive and gets what he wants. He has no restrictions because, feelings, justice, the well-being of others, and other values attributed to basic humanity does not apply to him. His simple mind simply operates for the next survival and good-feeling point.
Trump’s one working instinct is the one that knows that the wild-animal part of our brains that in many are still very reactive, can be activated if at least for a few years to behave as he does in his permanent state of existence. In other words, he can use racism to activate fear not in his base but in others.
To be clear, Trump is growing his base. Anyone who doubts that just needs to realize that his poll numbers went up when he made the Squad, 4 unafraid, liberated, and un-owned-by-any-corporation-or-wealthy-person women of color, a clear and present danger to some.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Who Will Confront Trump’s KKK/Gestapo at the Polls This Fall?
- Germany’s Angela Merkel saving her country from depression and Trump & his GOP take us there.
- ‘Jane Roe,’ Donald Trump and other ‘pro-life’ cons
- Proposals to Ease Covid’s Blow on the Hardest Hit All but Ignored by Corporate Media
- Millennial torches Michael Steele on Trump: “I don’t miss normal” and all he could do is agree.
- Did seeing a knee on a neck reflected from their mirror so embarrassed Americans as to defeat Steve King?
- Facts do not need your agreement
- Let’s keep our eyes on the ball in these difficult times.
- Trump’s promotion of violence and totalitarianism is nothing new.
- Mainstream media correspondent fed up, calls out racism live