Unfortunately, the media is covering the Democratic primary as a horse race as opposed to a necessary competition of ideas to move the country forward. Elizabeth Warren seems to be bucking the trend as her ideas take hold.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Elizabeth Warren, the substantive candidate
Elizabeth Warren is on the rise. But this is not a horse race. The one thing about the Democratic Primary is that discussion is very diverse. The party as a whole represents the viewpoint of most Americans.
It is interesting that the coverage of the election is more like a sport than the substantive nature of the subject most of the candidates are talking about. It is up to the Progressive Independent media to give voice to the primary and not the superficial take that borders on adolescent discourse. Ideas that Warren and others pose must see the light of day.
Independent media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
Progressives want to Impeach Now
Immediately after impeaching the president, change the narrative to policies for the poor and middle-class irrespective of the media obsession. Democratic candidates must just tacitly refer to the impeachment in terms of a president under a cloud and then move on to Medicare for All and other poor and middle-class centric policies. But the most powerful messenger is you. Progressives, let’s beat them all.
- Trump’s federal budget deficit skyrocketed to $207.8 billion in the month of May. “The gap between the amount the government takes in and spends came in at $207.8 billion last month, and the Treasury Department said Wednesday, nearly 42% higher than a year earlier. The increase happened in part because of June 1 falling on a Saturday, a non-business day, meaning some benefit payments were made earlier than usual,” the report said.
The Intercept: ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ’S CAMPAIGN ORGANIZERS ARE TRAINING WORKING-CLASS PROGRESSIVES TO TAKE ON THE CONSULTANT CLASS
LEAD ORGANIZERS FROM Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s 2018 campaign are taking on the consultant class with a new initiative to train the next generation of progressive organizers and staffers. Movement School, a 10-week professional development program launched by Organize for Justice, the sister organization of Justice Democrats, is teaching fellows how to work as campaign managers, communications directors, and field directors.
The Campaign Fellows program is meant to create a pathway for young activists from working-class backgrounds to enter official campaign roles and to preserve the lessons grassroots campaigns have learned throughout the years by passing them down to future staffers — all while setting up an alternative political infrastructure that operates outside of the Democratic Party.
Ironically, the progressive movement’s work to build its own political infrastructure may have been inadvertently accelerated by a policy designed to suppress the party’s insurgent wing. In March, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee announced a new policy to blacklist any firms working for primary challengers, effectively protecting the party’s white, male incumbents in safe blue seats.
As a result of the DCCC blacklist, several consultants dropped the primary campaign of Marie Newman, the pro-abortion rights progressive who has launched a second challenge to Illinois Rep. Dan Lipinski, one of the few anti-abortion Democrats in the House. Despite the blacklist, organizations like EMILY’s List, NARAL Pro-Choice America, and the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, have still rallied behind Newman’s challenge. A Movement School participant even went on to work for Newman after the trainings.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Cori Bush schools GOP on oversight: Dings Trump: a white supremacist election overthrowing demagogue.
- Rep Ted Lieu forced GOP’s sham Garland judiciary hearing to highlight Trump as Jan 6 coup leader.
- EPIC WARNING: Fmr. GOP Operative Steve Schmidt excoriates McConnell & GOP and then …
- A contentious debate on men having no say in the control of a woman’s body, irrespective of baby-daddy.
- Fox News spins the GOP/Joe Manchin alliance that exploded child poverty as failed Biden policies.
- Right winger equates women’s right to choose with the atrocities by some Vietnam soldiers.
- How can I be a more environmentally responsible parent?
- What’s the kerfuffle over uranium mining near the Grand Canyon?
- Can you shed light on just how “green” or not-so-green the Burning Man festival really is?
- What can I do this fall to ensure my garden looks its best next spring?
- Are carbon offsets an effective way to reduce greenhouse gases, or just corporate greenwashing
- Is it true that spam email takes a huge toll on the environment?
- Is there any way to stem the tide of fiberglass pollution from aging and discarded boats fouling marine ecosystems?
- How are amphibians doing in the U.S. and around the world these days?
- Are there greener types of grills or grilling methods that are more planet-friendly?
- Is the widely publicized failure of Yellow Trucking an opportunity to reduce its carbon footprint?
- Is America’s electrician shortage hurting our ability to get away from fossil fuels?
- Our forebears decimated the wild bison herds of the 1800s. Are those remaining today endangered?
- What exactly is “climate migration” and is it already happening?
- Are entrance restriction tactics to reduce overcrowding at national parks having the desired effect?